Per CBS, BY has an AC sprain

J0eW

1st Team
Jul 18, 2020
I injured both shoulders at different times. The first one I was 60 and lost my footing on the stairs and grabbed the stair rail. This stretched the shoulder joint. 6-8 weeks PT fixed it up. The second time was also on stairs. This time I did not grab the rail so I landed on my elbow. PT roughly took the same time. This second one may be like Bryce's. Bryce is a young, healthy man and will likely heal quicker.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I injured both shoulders at different times. The first one I was 60 and lost my footing on the stairs and grabbed the stair rail. This stretched the shoulder joint. 6-8 weeks PT fixed it up. The second time was also on stairs. This time I did not grab the rail so I landed on my elbow. PT roughly took the same time. This second one may be like Bryce's. Bryce is a young, healthy man and will likely heal quicker.
The take-away here @J0eW is that you need to stay away from those stairs. :)

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.rydas.com
If it was up to me, I'd try to have him ready to play against UT, but I wouldn't push it. We can beat aTm with Milroe.
I think either way the path forward is clear.

A: Alabama has to have Milroe as ready to go as possible, even if Young plays there's no guarantee he can keep playing or doesn't reinjure. That is kind of stating the obvious but I hope Alabama doesn't start gameplanning for Young as the starter anytime soon, I think it should be all about Milroe for the time being.

B: Alabama has to develop the running game more. Even if Young is playing, heck even if he's healthy... the safest play for the QB is handing off. GMac won a championship game with broken ribs by relying on the running game, and while I get that times have changed, the running game protects the QB. The more Alabama can run effectively, the less of a concern Young's injury becomes.

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
I think either way the path forward is clear.

A: Alabama has to have Milroe as ready to go as possible, even if Young plays there's no guarantee he can keep playing or doesn't reinjure. That is kind of stating the obvious but I hope Alabama doesn't start gameplanning for Young as the starter anytime soon, I think it should be all about Milroe for the time being.

B: Alabama has to develop the running game more. Even if Young is playing, heck even if he's healthy... the safest play for the QB is handing off. GMac won a championship game with broken ribs by relying on the running game, and while I get that times have changed, the running game protects the QB. The more Alabama can run effectively, the less of a concern Young's injury becomes.
Our running game improved with Milroe at QB. With the emphasis on the run, I think the OL was more comfortable with what they needed to do. Those two long TDs by Gibbs, he had holes big enough to drive a truck through.

For aTm, I'd put together a game plan that focused on the run, with some QB keepers by Milroe, and play-action passes to keep the defense honest. Milroe brings a different set of skills to the offense than Bryce. The game plan should be adjusted accordingly.

Reactions: KrAzY3

bamamc1

All-American
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
Somewhere tonight Texas 8&4 is pouring through high school tape to find out what Milroe did in high school. I hope we hang 60 plus on them next week. RTR.

Reactions: CoolBreeze

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Our running game improved with Milroe at QB. With the emphasis on the run, I think the OL was more comfortable with what they needed to do. Those two long TDs by Gibbs, he had holes big enough to drive a truck through.

For aTm, I'd put together a game plan that focused on the run, with some QB keepers by Milroe, and play-action passes to keep the defense honest. Milroe brings a different set of skills to the offense than Bryce. The game plan should be adjusted accordingly.
Which baffles the mind when you look at his passing stats. Should’ve been all out run blitzes until he got back on the bus.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Which baffles the mind when you look at his passing stats. Should’ve been all out run blitzes until he got back on the bus.
It was kind of weird. Many of the plays in the 3rd quarter Arky played 6-7 in the box. Then on JM’s long run on 3rd and 15, they went with 3 down and Pool as a spy. Pool whiffed and it was good bye.

Last edited:

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I was able to watch the postgame presser with Saban and he alluded to Ty Simpson being a part of the plan going forward. Now, to what degree, I have no clue. Saban could mean that Simpson's weekly reps and prep for the games is increased and more involved just in case Milroe goes down, or it could mean they may have a package or three for Simpson in certain situations.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
What is the word on Bryce? I suppose they are getting some imaging done today to make sure this is only a sprain, correct?

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
What is the word on Bryce? I suppose they are getting some imaging done today to make sure this is only a sprain, correct?
I hope we don’t have any word on Bryce till Saturday night. If Jim has to prep for both QB’s all week he hasn’t properly prepared for either.

Cruloc

All-American
Sep 1, 2019
I injured my throwing shoulder in high school, senior year. Inflamed rotator cuff was the diagnoses.....I could barely throw, even the motion of throwing hurt.

It wasn't quite 8 million years ago though, more like 27 years. I didn't realize selmaborntidefan was Vandal Savage.

• Haha
Reactions: Go Bama

Latest threads

Amazon Prime / TideFans.shop

Your purchase through our Amazon affiliation and TideFans.shop links helps support the site! Thanks!