Per CBS, BY has an AC sprain

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Well, this is as good a news as I could have hoped for:
An update that really isn't an update, but reading between the lines CNS says he'll start throwing this week. Again, if it's just a matter of managing the pain/soreness and he can throw with decent velocity and accuracy I think he plays Sat.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Even if BY plays I have a feeling Saban and staff are still going to put into this week's game plan "Milroe" packages that we'll see at certain parts of the game and in certain situations. It just makes too much sense not to, especially seeing how much playing time he got this past Saturday and what he can do that is very different than what BY brings.

Last edited:

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Even if BY plays I have a feeling Saban and staff are still going to put into this week's game plan "Milroe" packages that we'll at certain parts of the game and in certain situations. It just makes too much sense not to, especially seeing how much playing time he got this past Saturday and what he can do that is very different than what BY brings.
50DBB3F4-FBD2-462A-A293-A3A52B21EE64.jpeg
He approves of using two quarterbacks

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Even if BY plays I have a feeling Saban and staff are still going to put into this week's game plan "Milroe" packages that we'll at certain parts of the game and in certain situations. It just makes too much sense not to, especially seeing how much playing time he got this past Saturday and what he can do that is very different than what BY brings.
I think that would be smart and appropriate! I'd even love a play or two where he's on the field when BY is.

If we could get the ball in space to him we know what he can do!

Reactions: AlexanderFan

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I"ll put this here...what about Demouy Kennedy's injury? Looked to me like he tore up his knee a la Metchie and Williamson...have seen nada, zilch about him.

I think someone said they saw one of the trainers doing one of the ACL tests to check his knee. It seems he may have an ACL injury but Coach never mentioned it. Hopefully it is something minor instead of season ending.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
I think someone said they saw one of the trainers doing one of the ACL tests to check his knee. It seems he may have an ACL injury but Coach never mentioned it. Hopefully it is something minor instead of season ending.
He had one of the +21 mph speeds on Saturday...we've got a tough lineup when someone with that speed is on the bench!

Reactions: UAH

MILEHIGHTIDE

1st Team
Apr 9, 2011
In an ideal world we thoroughly dominate early and get our backups in, rest our #1s, and get our #2s valuable experience, all while giving our banged up guys stress free extra time to heal 100%.

Did I mention the hand rolled Cubans and the unlimited Pappy being poured in this world?

• Haha
Reactions: BhamToTexas

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
Assuming it’s simply a matter of how much pain/soreness Bryce can handle in his shoulder, I’d still start Milroe and have Bryce available only if absolutely needed to win the game. Really need him feeling decent for Knoxville.
I think Saban is going to defer to Bryce and the medical team. If Bryce thinks he can play and the medical staff agrees then he will start the game. Bryce is going for another Heisman and missing games is going to ruin any chances of that so I don't think Saban will stand in his way if the medical staff OK's it and Bryce is willing to play with a bit of lingering pain.

TraskiTideFan

1st Team
Apr 18, 2009
Savannah TN
I think Saban is going to defer to Bryce and the medical team. If Bryce thinks he can play and the medical staff agrees then he will start the game. Bryce is going for another Heisman and missing games is going to ruin any chances of that so I don't think Saban will stand in his way if the medical staff OK's it and Bryce is willing to play with a bit of lingering pain.
To be honest, at this point in the game, the Heisman was accomplished last year. That should be the last thing on anybody's mind for this season. Personal accomplishment trophies are all well and done, but the National Championship this season should be more important.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.