Pet picture thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Yeah. Occurred to me also, although cats do a marvelous job of handling heights. At least, this was filmed in Colombia...
And I wasn't bagging on the post and vid....just tired of seeing people obsessed with filming stuff instead of taking action to help out.

Don't know enough to go further - just hope the cat didn't fall!

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Now this is a heart wrenching story but things are looking up. Perfect example of how social media is a positive.
===============
BLIND & DEAF...he's given up hope...they hear him crying at night from his kennel...
OWNER SURRENDER
Please share possible blind & deaf Midland TEXAS....K6
3 year old male Shepherd Mix
This baby is deaf and blind. Deaf dogs usually do better in homes with another dog. Children need to understand not to startle him such as times he is sleeping, eating etc. Please research training a deaf dog. The owner moved and was not able to take him with them.
Available now
(details about adoption, etc.)

Then the update (a rescue group is going to take him):
=====================
PLEASE DO NOT CALL THE ANIMAL SHELTER CONCERNING THIS BABY. HE HAS A PLAN! We are experiencing heavy snow and concerned residents are trying to get through about dogs left outside in freezing temps and snow! The voicemail emergency line is filling up and dogs that need emergency help can’t be saved because people are not able to leave an emergency message! Again, this dog is safe and will be pulled by a rescue as soon as possible!

UPDATE: Thank you for everyone trying to help this big guy! It is all being worked out. He cannot go out of state because he cannot get a HC at this time. He is going to require extensive vet evaluation. We do have rescue lined up who is willing to take. He is tagged. Masa is working with that rescue. Thank you all so much!

Update: Midland has been hit with cold weather and the roads are icy. West Texas is not accustomed to extreme cold weather like this so the city and schools were shut down due to icy roads. Because this is a city shelter, they were closed today. And will be closed Monday for holiday. This sweet dog is still at the shelter. Staff still goes in everyday to feed, water and clean for all the animals. He will be checked on!
=====================
Whew......God bless all who involve themself with rescue.......(y)

Reactions: seebell

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
Australian Cattle Dogs have a few distinctions....one of them in the way they look at you when they're trying to tell you something. Here's one we call "side eye" or "stink eye".

This one is showing some serious stink eye at it's human! :LOL:

He almost looks fake. LOL. I can't decide if I like Red or Blue Heelers better. I do like them better if they have had their tails clipped though.

• Wow
Reactions: Bazza

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
He almost looks fake. LOL. I can't decide if I like Red or Blue Heelers better. I do like them better if they have had their tails clipped though.
Oh no.......their tails serve as rudders when they are zooming around.....don't remove their rudders! 😟

Aesthetically with that "brush" the tail really adds more to the overall distinctive look as well.

117767633_10157768303854635_4262125744970289869_n.jpg

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
Oh no.......their tails serve as rudders when they are zooming around.....don't remove their rudders! 😟

Aesthetically with that "brush" the tail really adds more to the overall distinctive look as well.

View attachment 15083
Never thought about the rudder part, good info. I was thinking about aesthetically pleasing to the eye. Also my daughter has 2 pit rescues and their tails are very strong and if you are not paying attention they will knock things off tables that are left too close to the edge.

Reactions: Bazza

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
We went to see the vet this morning. I went up to the front door to let them know we were here. It was only about 20' away from where we parked but Winkipop wasn't having any of me leaving her in the truck. Just howling away......

IMG_0844.JPG

Reactions: seebell

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
This was a cool video. Some animals are smarter than humans.
Our little 10.5 month-old, the white on in the pic, is unreal. If we put on something with animals, Animal Planet or similar, she will sit transfixed for an hour or so, spellbound. These two pix are from when she was really tiny and saw puppies for the first time...

Eliza watching puppies I.jpg

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Here's Mack relaxing last week...he'll be going to Guide Dog college in a couple of months...he's 15 months old and weighs 74 lbs. We've enjoyed him thoroughly. He jumped in my lap in the recliner -- without an invitation -- earlier today. That will get him flunked out of college quickly...63582033019__0C4EEB4C-8761-4EA1-9BE3-7DDDF655842E.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.