Pet picture thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I see posts on the Nextdoor social platform all the time (heck I even posted one once) about missing cats and here is some advice that has followed some of them that I thought was pretty good. Hopefully no one here will need it - but you never know.

Shine a bright flashlight and look for glowing eyes in bushes around the perimeter of your home or your neighbors. Shake a treat bag calling for him. Then stop and listen for a faint meow. Keep trying those 2 main tips. Driving around is not going to find him. The best time is very early morning or at night when it's calmer out. Put your worn clothing outside. Post on pawboost.com Post on facebook groups such as lost and found pets of (insert your) county and concerned citizens for animal welfare. Check the shelter stray intake websites Leave a garage door or back porch door slightly open in case he comes while you're sleeping Most likely hiding nearby homes on your street or a street over.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Had to say goodbye to the love of my life and best friend 1 month ago today. Loved her dearly. Was the hardest worst experience ever.

I held her the entire time...told her I loved her...and it would be OK. I buried her in the front yard wrapped in her favorite blanket when I got home.

She would have turned 17 this month. I raised her from an 8 week old puppy.

P1002545.jpg
P1002658.jpg

P1003283.jpg

PICT2687.JPG
IMG_4064 (2).JPG

IMG_4638.JPG

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
Had to say goodbye to the love of my life and best friend 1 month ago today. Loved her dearly. Was the hardest worst experience ever.

I held her the entire time...told her I loved her...and it would be OK. I buried her in the front yard wrapped in her favorite blanket when I got home.

She would have turned 17 this month. I raised her from an 8 week old puppy.

View attachment 24596
View attachment 24597

View attachment 24598

View attachment 24599
View attachment 24600

View attachment 24595
They are with us for such a short time. But the memories last a lifetime.

Last edited:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Thanks all for your kindness. It took me a month before I could even post about losing my baby because I was still trying to process everything. I don't have to tell anyone here how hard it is when you have make that decision.

Winkipop is the second Heeler I lost. I never posted about losing Billabong 2 years ago.

I'll always be grateful for the best 15-17 years a human could ever hope for with my girls by my side - through thick and thin. Now when I come home - there's no one waiting for me - and I'm still not used to that. Same as when I leave the house. No one to say goodbye to as I did all those years.

Winkipop came into my life in '05. The very next year we adopted Billabong - so Winkipop had a sister. That lasted until 2020 when Lymphoma took Billabong away. And now they are both reunited in puppy heaven.

Don't ever let anyone tell you it's a bad idea to have more than one dog. Getting Billabong was the best decision of my life!

Thank you again for the love....hugs and belly rubs to your babies.....

PICT6612.JPG

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Thanks all for your kindness. It took me a month before I could even post about losing my baby because I was still trying to process everything. I don't have to tell anyone here how hard it is when you have make that decision.

Winkipop is the second Heeler I lost. I never posted about losing Billabong 2 years ago.

I'll always be grateful for the best 15-17 years a human could ever hope for with my girls by my side - through thick and thin. Now when I come home - there's no one waiting for me - and I'm still not used to that. Same as when I leave the house. No one to say goodbye to as I did all those years.

Winkipop came into my life in '05. The very next year we adopted Billabong - so Winkipop had a sister. That lasted until 2020 when Lymphoma took Billabong away. And now they are both reunited in puppy heaven.

Don't ever let anyone tell you it's a bad idea to have more than one dog. Getting Billabong was the best decision of my life!

Thank you again for the love....hugs and belly rubs to your babies.....

View attachment 24606
It’s hard to lose a cherished pet especially one you raised from a pup. We have 3 (and we watch my son’s service dog while he works so we have 4 right now). I can’t imagine losing anyone of them.2A3F1AC3-86DD-42EC-8BAC-FD07128AD826.jpeg

MobtownK

All-American
Nov 20, 2004
Mobile, Alabama, United States
After sending my dog to boarding school training - I've been walking her once a day, and working on commands. She is a big strong dog.
We usually walk with a muzzle - she's anxious & stubborn and will try to bite or bark to get her way. This week we've been walking without the muzzle.... We saw other dogs, people, and a opossum - & she didn't freak out!!
1652199345585.jpeg
1652199395326.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.