Link: PFF: Top-10 Returning Players at Each Position (Alabama Leads all Teams with 9 Players on the List)

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa

Just figured I'd share this for anyone who may be interested.

The 9 Alabama players who made the list were:

Brian Robinson (#4 RB)
John Metchie (#10 WR)
Evan Neal (#3 OT)
Emil Ekiyor (#9 Interior OL)
Phidarian Mathis (#9 Interior DL)
Will Anderson (#6 EDGE)
Josh Jobe (#5 CB)
Malachi Moore (#4 Safety)
Jordan Battle (#7 Safety)
2 OL, 1 WR, and 1 RB on the list bodes well for our new QB.

buckeyeFB_

3rd Team
Jun 24, 2019
Also think that Harris should be in the top 10, maybe top 5, at ILB.
They only used "LB" and "EDGE" as positions rather than "ILB", "OLB", and "EDGE" which I think would've made more sense. Having LB as one category would essentially include 4-3 OLB's because they're technically not EDGE defenders. I think that definitely added a lot more competition on the LB list, but I also personally still would've had Harris in the top-10.

I mean they have Mike Jones Jr. as the #2 LB, which was one of the most questionable choices I saw across all the positions. I don't get why Harris was left off.

Jeremy Ruckert being left off the TE list is the most questionable snub across all positions, in my (somewhat biased) opinion, but Harris getting snubbed was quite questionable as well.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
The QB Top 10 list is.....interesting...

1) Spencer Rattler (OU)
2) Sam Howell (UNC)
3) D'Eriq King (MIA)
4) Dillon Gabriel (UCF) - Questionable Competition
5) Michael Penix Jr. (IND) - Lolololo.... Whut???
6) Matt Corral (MISS)
7) Grayson McCall (C.C.) - Questionable Competition
8) D.J. Uiagalelei (Clem)
9) Myles Brennan (LSU) - Doubtful ?.... but Ok
10) Kedon Slovis (USCw)

Honorable Mention: Emory Jones (UF) - Bruh.....???

I won't sit here and say Bryce should be on this list, because other than this past Spring Game he's yet to log any serious meaningful playing time running the show against Top Competition.

But I have seen enough to say I think by October 2021 he will be as good if not better than at least half of the guys in that Top 10.

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa

1) Spencer Rattler (OU)
2) Sam Howell (UNC)
3) D'Eriq King (MIA)
6) Matt Corral (MISS)
10) Kedon Slovis (USCw)

I won't sit here and say Bryce should be on this list, because other than this past Spring Game he's yet to log any serious meaningful playing time running the show against Top Competition.

But I have seen enough to say I think by October 2021 he will be as good if not better than at least half of the guys in that Top 10.
Penix was playing well last year before he got hurt.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I agree and think that the QB list is pretty solid. I would likel to include Young, but he is all potential, no experience, going into the season.
I think Penix can be very good but I wouldn't rank him in the Top 5.

Last season the only team with a winning record he faced was tOSU. He still completed less than 53% of his passes in that game. In fact he had 3 games under 53% comp rate.

He had some injury issues I believe but still his body of work doesn't scream Top 5 to me.

I don't really have an issue with the list as a whole but I would Rank them very differently. Some guys are too high and others too low and Emory Jones hasn't really shown he can be a Passing QB in any way to warrant a mention imo.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I understand why Chris Braswell isn’t on this list (little, if any, playing time last year), but I expect a good season from him. Some nice plays in the spring.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I think Penix can be very good but I wouldn't rank him in the Top 5.

Last season the only team with a winning record he faced was tOSU. He still completed less than 53% of his passes in that game. In fact he had 3 games under 53% comp rate.

He had some injury issues I believe but still his body of work doesn't scream Top 5 to me.

I don't really have an issue with the list as a whole but I would Rank them very differently. Some guys are too high and others too low and Emory Jones hasn't really shown he can be a Passing QB in any way to warrant a mention imo.
It wasn't any one thing - he was the leader of that offense and he played exceedingly well in clutch moments. He is also very experienced, which gives him an edge. Maybe not top 5, but worthy of a top 10 list, IMO.

Reactions: tusks_n_raider

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
It's going to be interesting to see how Metchie grows/improves while the new freshman fab class starts to get PT.

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
Anderson #6 EDGE: underrated
Who
I completely agree -- I'd be willing to bet Anderson is their #1 EDGE when they make this list next off-season.

I also thought Metchie was a little underrated on this list.
I believe anderson led the ncaa in QB presures last year, should be a little higher, but his youth may have cost him some.no biggie. Metchie will be interesting, he has been a good robin but now it's time to play like batman.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA

1) Spencer Rattler (OU)
2) Sam Howell (UNC)
3) D'Eriq King (MIA)
6) Matt Corral (MISS)
10) Kedon Slovis (USCw)

Shows this list to any UGA fans you know and watch them lose their minds at the exclusion of JT Daniels and that two other SEC QBs made it over him.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.