Philip Rivers announces retirement. Mac Jones to the Colts?

TideEngineer08

Hall of Fame
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I wouldn't mind it. I didn't see many of their games. Where do they stand talent-wise? I know he would have Ryan Kelly blocking for him, and he's already one of the best centers in the league.

I just have a strong feeling that Mac is going to be an elite NFL QB. But it's going to take him going to a strong franchise (which it does for almost any QB).

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
When I heard the announcement, Mac was the first person I thought of. There are a lot of teams that need a QB in this draft. Maybe bout 1/3 have questions at that position.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
Philip Rivers announced his retirement which will leave the Colts looking for a franchise quarterback. Any chance they draft Mac Jones? They have the 21st pick in the first round.

Rivers Retires

With that said, as a Bears fan I would love for CHI to draft him because the need for a QB. But as a Bears fan I don't want CHI to draft Mac because I want Jones to have a chance to succeed in the NFL and I don't see that with Nagy as HC.

But the Colts sounds like a perfect place for Mac, especially if they can bring in a vet like Fitzpatrick.