Photo thread - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
We were in that area in August of 2019. We left Jackson Hole headed for Rock Springs. It is one of the most remote areas I have ever been in. The scenery is breathtaking there are very few campers. We'll go back.
We flew into Jackson and then drove thru Pinedale, then Boulder, and then had about an hour of driving on dirt roads to get to the trailhead. 10 miles of hiking later, that view opened up. We were in the formation called, "Cirque of the Towers."

• Heart
Reactions: Bazza and Go Bama

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
We flew into Jackson and then drove thru Pinedale, then Boulder, and then had about an hour of driving on dirt roads to get to the trailhead. 10 miles of hiking later, that view opened up. We were in the formation called, "Cirque of the Towers."
That's the same route we took. I'll show this to my family and see if they aren't interested in making that hike.

That's my idea of social distancing.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
That's the same route we took. I'll show this to my family and see if they aren't interested in making that hike.

That's my idea of social distancing.
We had to cut our trip short due to storms coming, but still got 3 nights in the backcountry. Check #cirqueofthetowers on IG and you'll find tons of photos.

Reactions: Go Bama

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
We've got a couple who live around us...you can see them flying high over the marshes and river. I've even seen them at my son's home about 5 miles away -- which isn't much for an eagle!!
I see more Ospreys here, given the close proximity of the ocean and Intercoastal waterway. They are amazing to watch, of course.

Here is one with his dinner perched atop an old palm tree trunk in my front yard.....

IMG_4338.JPG

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Is there anything similar that can be grown in the panhandle? I love the colors. Thanks
Nothing with that color. Palms in general aren't really very colorful, although there are some who exhibit some, such as in the flower stalks and fruit, sometimes areas on the trunk, and even the foliage.

You really need to migrate south (hint hint) to really give yourself more options in the tropical plant department! ;)

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
Nothing with that color. Palms in general aren't really very colorful, although there are some who exhibit some, such as in the flower stalks and fruit, sometimes areas on the trunk, and even the foliage.

You really need to migrate south (hint hint) to really give yourself more options in the tropical plant department! ;)
I have 6.5 acres about 10 miles outside of Mexico Beach in the country. I hope to retire there someday. Not very crowded and you can pretty much have all 4 seasons. Lots of wildlife. Had a big black bear on my property the other day. But thanks for the invite.

• Roll Tide!
Reactions: Bazza and seebell
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.