Photo thread - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
What kind are they and would they grow well in the panhandle?
It's a Dioon spinulosum, Todd. From the Cycad Family, one of the oldest plant families on the planet. Not a palm, but many are very similar in appearance. Highly collectable and of high value in the industry.

From Wiki:
Dioon spinulosum, giant dioon, or gum palm, is a cycad endemic to limestone cliffs and rocky hillsides in the tropical rainforests of Veracruz and Oaxaca, Mexico. It is one of the tallest cycads in the world, growing to 12m in height.

It is hardy to USDA Zones 9B – 11.

You'd have to move south at least into where the yellow is......

• Thank You
Reactions: Toddrn and seebell

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
For you GoBama. So sad to see all these abandoned places.

Reactions: Bazza

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Been building some outdoor decks here. Mounted a small flat screen in the front deck and hooked up an antenna. Getting a lot of stations with authentic high definition.......

Nice! Want to come out here and redo our deck? That's our next project.

We just finished our theater room a couple weeks ago. The people who we bought the house from had ripped their screen off the wall and we had to order new stuff. Decided to "do it right" and got a 152" Diagonal 2.35:1 Acoustically Transparent Screen, 4K projector, 7.2 AVR, etc. They left the in-wall speakers around the room so the acoustically transparent screen is actually covering the front L/R in-wall speakers.

Here's the result: Star Wars in 4K HDR10

65838200941--2AD47560-6286-4869-9FA3-3BE418E3AC16.fullsizerender.jpg

and the UGA beatdown with me having TF & the All-22 on my laptop :D

IMG-4605.jpg

Given the room was already finished out and in the basement area, all we had to do was put new paint & carpet in the room and get the AV equipment. Proper home theater seating is on order. Right now, I'm using my tailgate chairs and an old sofa.

• Wow
Reactions: seebell and Bazza
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.