Status
Not open for further replies.

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
(can't find that I posted this earlier, but if so, doing it again)...

Here’s a pic I took back in early part of year flying back into SLC from ATL looking back at Draper, UT into Corner Canyon. My house is somewhere near the lower left in the middle. This pic has not been enhanced at all. At far left is lower part of Lone Peak, the next one on left in back is Box Elder Peak, and in the background on right is Mt. Timpanagos. All are between 11K'-12K' elevation. Our house is at about 4800'.

BTW, Corner Canyon HS is the local HS. It's UT's version of Hoover. Zach Wilson is an alum. Several Pac12/16 and other western conf school QBs are from here.

1658254992035.png

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Thank You
Reactions: seebell and Bazza

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
1951 STUDEBAKER FASTBACK WOODIE
The history behind many makes can be fascinating. The Studebaker brothers started out making wheel barrows and their company grew from there.
Like many they got behind with development, amalgamated with Packard and eventually both ceased to exist.
Studebaker did however produce some very desirable classics, and its most famous would have to be the ‘Bullet Nose’ range of models.
This is one, a Bullet Nose customized 1951 Studebaker Fastback Woodie that is most impressive, a credit to its creator Kirk, from Hills Rod & Custom, details all on a video well worth watching.
Cars like this are works of art without doubt, and rarely seen on the road.
It features incredible wood work as well as a 390 cid Ford Edsel V8 with a rare injection system that was designed by aircraft engineers and featured on the cover of Hot Rod magazine in 1959
Continue reading below the video.
🎬
https://youtu.be/CiN0nAHg0Ow

1658577589389.png

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
Ha! No, we did Mesa Verde, Canyonlands, Arches, then came in from the east to Capital Reef. On our way to Black Canyon and Great Sand Dunes now.
How was Mesa Verde and how much time do you need? Doing a New Mexico road trip in Oct, Bama's off weekend, and we are going to Mesa Verde.

Reactions: Bazza

BhamToTexas

All-SEC
Dec 25, 2020
How was Mesa Verde and how much time do you need? Doing a New Mexico road trip in Oct, Bama's off weekend, and we are going to Mesa Verde.
It was pretty cool touring the cliff dwellings. We did it in two half-days. You could see everything in one day depending on your timing. We got there mid day and hiked the Petroglyph Point Trail, stayed at the Far View Lodge that night, then did the Long House cliff dwelling tour on Wetherill Mesa the next morning. We were done mid day and headed to Canyonlands.

You could spend some extra time if you can get a tour to Cliff Palace, Spruce Tree House, and the Museum. Unfortunately a lot of that was closed for renovations when we were there.

Reactions: Toddrn and Bazza

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
It was pretty cool touring the cliff dwellings. We did it in two half-days. You could see everything in one day depending on your timing. We got there mid day and hiked the Petroglyph Point Trail, stayed at the Far View Lodge that night, then did the Long House cliff dwelling tour on Wetherill Mesa the next morning. We were done mid day and headed to Canyonlands.

You could spend some extra time if you can get a tour to Cliff Palace, Spruce Tree House, and the Museum. Unfortunately a lot of that was closed for renovations when we were there.
We are going at the end of Oct. Hope the crowds will be down. We are staying in Durango.

Reactions: Bazza

T Bone

1st Team
I know my bird pics are boring but hey, here is a pic taken yesterday just as the sun was about to go behind the trees in the field behind my house. This little female gold finch was chowing down, and stopping to chirp every now and then, she just looks so darn happy. The only retouching was to crop this picture, it amazed me. right place, right time.
gf 7.28.22 female.jpg

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Got a few nice Pelican pics on tonight's bike ride.

Two flocks here. Left (East) side going North....right (West) side headed South. Rare to get two flocks passing each other going in opposite directions.
IMG_5994.JPG

High altitude for these guys!
IMG_5995.JPG

This is a cool shot with the sun blasting through. The Pelicans use the wind currents as they come off the buildings to help their glide paths.....very cool to watch. So graceful!
IMG_5996.JPG

Then later on a family had their Aussie out fetching the Frisbee.....they can really haul butt! He's already taken his foot off the pedal here - I was too slow! ;)
IMG_6002.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.