**Pick the Score** SECCG - Bama vs UGA

99ALUM

3rd Team
Sep 11, 2006
Pell City, AL
Not convinced that the UGA offense is all that, but I am convinced the Bama Oline will be outmanned. I hope I am wrong but my pick is GA 24-17.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I would sit there watching that game gladly eating all the crow from how I think things are going to go.

Georgia 30-20

I can't get past the OL-DL matchup, probably not having healthy BRob, and BoB calling plays like he's hoping the OL will suddenly block.

Our D matches up well with their O.

Our OL doesn't match up well with their DL. We'll have much less RB experience trying to pick up blitzes. Bryce is amazing, but he needs time to find an open guy.

By game time, I'll probably be completely flipped and thinking we are going to take it to them, I sure hope so. Its difficult right now because we have to play at a level and consistency we just haven't seen this year to even have a chance. They boys are gonna fight yes, but they have to have consistency and not over a dozen penalties.
I can see your points and, frankly, have felt the same way all year until Saturday. I only have two. One, our young team has been struggling with consistency in performance all year long. I think we are coming together at the perfect time. Two, we have by far the best QB in the game.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
Firstly I'm confident in this Bama defense keeping us in this game.

Secondly, with a full compliment of Bama RB's I'd think this would be a low scoring affair but unfortunately that's not the case. With BRob out with what appeared to be a hammy we're down to 1 scholly RB still recovering from major injury in Tre Sanders. He will now be the main RB and hopefully a passing threat as well. I also hope we use the TE's "A LOT" more in this game in effort to keep the dawgs from being so aggressive with the pass rush. We'll also have to get creative in ways to get the ball into the hands of #1 out of the backfield as well so I'm hoping Obrien is studying extra hard on Kiffin and Sark film.

If we can accomplish this very difficult task I'm going 37 - 24 Bama.

bamaclimber

3rd Team
Nov 28, 2016
If the best predictor or future behavior, is past behavior, Alabama's o-line doesn't hold up against Georgia. An o-line not holding up against Georgia will not be good.

Georgia has been practicing offensive wrinkles for 6 weeks now, specifically designed to give Alabama looks it has not seen (my assumption). Georgia goes up early before Alabama's defense can respond, and their defense keeps BY from getting Alabama back in the game.

UGA - 27
Alabama - 10

Last edited:
Reactions: alabama mike1

UKTideFan1961

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 20, 2019
I love the optimism and wish I could share in it.

I agree that UGA's offense has not really been tested outside of the Clemson game so a great defensive performance by Bama could keep the game close. But I have almost no confidence in our offense to score.

In the first half vs Auburn the only time we were on their side of the field was when we caught a punt on their 48. Where we punted from three plays later. If you can't move the ball vs Auburn, how can you move it vs UGA?

For us to win Bryce simply has to realize that the *worst* thing on earth is taking a sack. He either has to get rid of the ball or, even better, simply run it. I was a bit critical of how quickly Jalen would give up on pass plays to run at times but with this pathetic o-line Young will almost be forced to do that. Of course, Kirby will be smart (no pun intended) enough to put a spy on Young, which will likely minimize his ability to run.

I am and have been a big Trey Sanders fan and would love to see him set up a great year in 2022 by having a big game on Saturday, but with our o-line and Bill O'Brien calling plays like he's coaching 1982 Nebraska, it's not likely to happen.

I'm afraid it will be something like 31-10.

Reactions: alabama mike1

bamaclimber

3rd Team
Nov 28, 2016
I really don't see where some of these Alabama scores are coming from. This isn't asking to get roasted...it's a legitimate question. We scored 10 point in regulation against Auburn, and 7 of those came on wing and a prayer final minute drive. But we're going to score 20 - 40 on UGA?!?!

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I really don't see where some of these Alabama scores are coming from. This isn't asking to get roasted...it's a legitimate question. We scored 10 point in regulation against Auburn, and 7 of those came on wing and a prayer final minute drive. But we're going to score 20 - 40 on UGA?!?!
Because Bama's scored more points against better defenses? Maybe - MAYBE - last Saturday was an anomaly as Bama hasn't looked that bad all season?

Perhaps?

Just a guess?

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Reminds me of Gino Torretta with a sarcastic Roll Tide right before we opened up a can. Bulldogs are in the way and our back is against the wall. I like the fight in this team. Wrong or right I am going with an Elephant Stomp.

Joefus

1st Team
Jan 3, 2021
Agreed. We will have exactly one scholarship rb playing and he’s still not fully healed from the car wreck. I can believe we’ll come out fuming if the talking heads trash us or the line jumps up but I don’t see how we can score enough to win

bamaclimber

3rd Team
Nov 28, 2016
Because Bama's scored more points against better defenses? Maybe - MAYBE - last Saturday was an anomaly as Bama hasn't looked that bad all season?

Perhaps?

Just a guess?
Alabama scored 20 points against LSU. At home. Only three teams scored fewer points on LSU, and only one of those was a Division 1 school - Arkansas (16). The other two were McNeese (7), ULM (14).

Alabama scored 10 on Auburn (in regulation). Only one team scored fewer points on Auburn - Alabama State Hornets - 0 (Akron Zips got to 10 also).

Was Saturday an anomaly? Maybe. But against Alabama's two biggest rivals, which are also teams in transition and with multiple injuries, Alabama looked positively inept on offense.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.