Link: Pickett fake slide leads to touchdown, should this be addressed with a rule?

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
There shouldn't be any slide rule (pardon the pun hey hey).
And there shouldn't even be a halo rule, which I believe they sorta did away with years ago.

You're playing football, not tiddlywinks.

Here's a hint - they're usually after the guy who has the ball.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
It's funny to me how some people seem to want even more replay; whereas, I wish they would get rid of it. Make a call and play the game. Hahaha, to each his own.
Should have had REPLAY years ago when Alabama was ROBBED in Happy Valley by HOMER refs. When you have HOMER or BLIND referees the replay doesn’t lie.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
I’m telling you right now, NCAA officials are too stupid to get this right. There will be a play in a pivotal moment in a big game where a QB jukes a would-be tackler and they will blow the play dead. It’s going to happen. They need to get rid of the rule entirely.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
I was watching live and told the folks I was watching with “that oughta be a penalty”. Guess the NCAA had the same idea. Hope in the off season they attach an unsportsmanlike call to it.

denver

All-American
Nov 11, 2017
didnt read the whole thread but the new rule needs to be called "the pickett charge rule"

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Should have had REPLAY years ago when Alabama was ROBBED in Happy Valley by HOMER refs. When you have HOMER or BLIND referees the replay doesn’t lie.
Well, I've seen a lot of replay where they stop the game and call in the "expert" to talk about it for several minutes. The expert and announcers and replay seem to indicate one thing, yet the replay refs rule something different.
Give the coaches one replay per half and keep the game moving, imho.

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
Should have called him for unsportsmanlike conduct on the spot. Thought the repeated references last night were a well deserved embarrassment.

Reactions: Snuffy Smith

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
It has to be addressed because allowing that is going to force defenders to fly straight into them which is going to get people hurt, which was the whole purpose of the rule. Even a hint of a slide that is not completed should result in a 10 yard penalty from the spot of the infraction.

BamaFanatJSU

1st Team
Apr 24, 2008
Rainbow City, AL

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
"Any penalties levied would be up to the conference office or school involved." Regarding fake injuries appeals. So they did nothing about it because the only way to fix it is to slow down the pace of the offenses. As we all expected I think.

Lsu and ole miss we trust you will penalize yourself adequately

• Haha
Reactions: dtgreg and Toddrn

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.