Playoff 4 teams in which order?

denver

All-American
Nov 11, 2017
The real question is will either of the semifinal games be competitive?
Good question - I'll bite...UM is run heavy, so I think UGA matches up well to stop that..UM is ok for B10 play but just not against elite pass rush or DL. The key is if UGA has enough offense to beat UM...given what #19 did to us I would say yes. Bama and Cincy is a trap game....Cincy with the grudge to prove something, Ford a former player with motivation and they are pass mostly...not our forte to defend. If we have pressure, which we should vs an inferior OL...then we should limit their scoring..and I'm not sure they could stop us scoring if we show up like we did today on the OL....injuries may derail us though as we are hurting at WR/RB...we should have quality guys to fill in though.....the wildcard is that on any given day......

Reactions: teamplayer

spidermayin

3rd Team
Dec 4, 2018
I think it will be:
1. Alabama
2. Michigan
3. Georgia
4. Cincinnati

We can't take Cincy too lightly as I think Desmond Ridder is a more dangerous QB than UM's McNamara or UGA's Bennett. Hopefully their OL can't block our DL and we have him under constant pressure.
Cincinnati is basically in the same shoes we were against Georgia. All the media will tell them they have no shot against us. They will have plenty of motivation going for them to beat a powerhouse like Alabama. That Utah game still brings back bad memories. I know it's not the same scenario because that game meant nothing, but still, I agree, we cannot take them lightly.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Frankly you were not alone. Given what we saw at Auburn and Arkansas no one saw this performance as a possibility....I'm raise my hand too thinking we would be lucky to keep it close. Happy to be wrong and wrong in a big way!
While I thought we had a chance, I admit that I was hoping we could keep it close going into the fourth quarter.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Cincinnati is basically in the same shoes we were against Georgia. All the media will tell them they have no shot against us. They will have plenty of motivation going for them to beat a powerhouse like Alabama. That Utah game still brings back bad memories. I know it's not the same scenario because that game meant nothing, but still, I agree, we cannot take them lightly.
Lord, I hope the team has its collective heads screwed on straight with preparations. As it is, we`ve got to replace Metchie.

RTR2u

Hall of Fame
Nov 30, 2013
Georgia
I'm eating a healthy meal of crow, too. I didn't think we'd be able to do anything because UGA would be so hyped up and their crowd would be insane. I was resigned to a loss although I thought it would be fairly close like 20-17 or something.

Reactions: 4Bama

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I will say I'll be rooting for Michigan. I don't really want to have to play Georgia twice assuming we beat Cincinnati
Nothing really changes about Georgia though. There is a fatal flaw in their team that isn't going to get rectified. I'm not saying I would guarantee we beat them like this again. But I would definitely be confident we get the win.

I am pretty confident we'll be ready for Cincinnati. The media is probably about to swing the opposite direction on us, and pump us non stop and say there is no way for Cincy to win. Thus, giving them all the ammo in the world. Surely, after how today went, Coach Saban can keep the guys from taking the bait.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I think if every one of us were honest and made a new thread every time we had to eat crow, they board would be cluttered with them.
Yeah but when people go with Freezing Cold takes like....

"Bama ain't got no chance against UGA"

That's when owning up needs to be priority #1

That could easily be done in the Post Game thread and many have....and many have not.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Nothing really changes about Georgia though. There is a fatal flaw in their team that isn't going to get rectified. I'm not saying I would guarantee we beat them like this again. But I would definitely be confident we get the win.

I am pretty confident we'll be ready for Cincinnati. The media is probably about to swing the opposite direction on us, and pump us non stop and say there is no way for Cincy to win. Thus, giving them all the ammo in the world. Surely, after how today went, Coach Saban can keep the guys from taking the bait.
I'm not afraid to play Georgia again. I just don't want to. I also don't like having to beat the same team twice.

Also I want to beat Harbaugh.

spidermayin

3rd Team
Dec 4, 2018
I have heard at least one person in the media say they would move Michigan to #1 as if it's obvious. That doesn't make much sense to me. We're #3 and just beat the #1 team. Michigan is #2 and beats the #13 team. If we just go up to one spot at #2, that likely means we get the instant re-match with Georgia first round. I think we go to #1 though

Reactions: TideEngineer08

BAMA 22 HEISMAN

1st Team
Dec 13, 2009
Yeah but when people go with Freezing Cold takes like....

"Bama ain't got no chance against UGA"

That's when owning up needs to be priority #1

That could easily be done in the Post Game thread and many have....and many have not.
Ill continue to post based on the written rules of Tidefans, not based on the unwritten rules that only those "in the know" know about. If you want to create a post of the unwritten rules, ill be sure to read through them.

Reactions: Lifer and GboyBama

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Yes you got me there. I truly believed that UGA defense against what I had seen the last few weeks would be a train wreck. I will never again doubt no matter how things appear. I WAS WRONG and i'll own up to it. Thanks for pointing it out (though it has nothing to do with this post), you've never been wrong before?

I'm sure I could go look through all your posts and find something you were wrong about, but not how I roll.
Brother, we've all been wrong before.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.