Political aspects of covid v.2...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I believe they are two separate bills and trump may have already vetoed the defense bill.
These were defense provisions the Republicans originally wanted in the defense bill. It's a bargaining process. You have to give in on some things you don't want to get what you want. It's compromise, something Congress needs to relearn. Maybe some of us also...

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
With perseverance, things would eventually change, but it wouldn't be easy.
In this environment, with tens of millions of Americans out of work, it is impossible. We simply cannot allow that many Americans to starve and/or become homeless.

Reactions: seebell

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Every bill passed has a certain amount of poison in it that the legislators on both sides must drink when passing a bill. That way each side something to use against the other on the campaign trail.

Then that's the type of 'compromise' we can do without. It just gives incentive to congress to continue to waste money on projects that cant stand on their own.

Reactions: Padreruf

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Every bill passed has a certain amount of poison in it that the legislators on both sides must drink when passing a bill. That way each side something to use against the other on the campaign trail.
Yep, I can already hear the commercial. Ominous music. My opponent was against the covid relief bill because he hates poor people that are unemployed.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Hi, my name is Mark Rubio. I'm a senator so I can say any damn thing I want with authority. If I'm wrong and thousands die, that's not my fault because I'm not a doctor. I see no need to err on the side of caution because I don't believe Fauci knows what he's talking about.
not too many years ago, this moron was being held up as the reasonable future of the republican party.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.