All-American
Nov 20, 2004
Mobile, Alabama, United States
Reactions: NationalTitles18

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Look. I'm a housewife that watches ADHP press conferences once a week, and I knew that labs must report numbers within a certain time frame... How did a lab not know?? I'm not saying it was intentional... but surely they realized...
Why did the state allow a lab to operate without knowing? The state issues licenses. Do these mean nothing?

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
whee

White House warns of ‘widespread and expanding’ COVID-19 spread in Georgia

The task force “strongly recommends” Georgia adopt a statewide mandate that citizens wear masks, joining a chorus of public health officials, Democrats and others who have warned that Gov. Brian Kemp’s refusal to order face coverings has plunged the state into deeper crisis and will prolong recovery.

“Current mitigation efforts are not having a sufficient impact,” the report said.

• Thank You
Reactions: NationalTitles18

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Hmmmm....delaying an election because of sars - cov 2 should be a cause for concern I would think to democracies everywhere.

In NZ the PM apparently has this power. She also appears to have consulted parliament even though she has no requirement to do so. Let's hope there's not funny business, but every democracy is not going to work exactly like ours. Speaking of which, I wish all our leaders gave a damn about holding an election safely.

PaulD

All-SEC
Dec 29, 2006
near Perry, Georgia, United States
In NZ the PM apparently has this power. She also appears to have consulted parliament even though she has no requirement to do so. Let's hope there's not funny business, but every democracy is not going to work exactly like ours. Speaking of which, I wish all our leaders gave a damn about holding an election safely.
I read that the Opposition supported this.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Hmmmm....delaying an election because of sars - cov 2 should be a cause for concern I would think to democracies everywhere.

As Tony says, their election, and, really, elections in all parliamentary systems are predicated on a number of conditions, rather than firm dates. I'll confess that I've never really understood all the grounds. OTOH, Great Britain doesn't even have a written constitution, but they all seem to know what it says...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.