Political Meme - Cartoon/Joke Thread...Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
back in the late 90's I sold Drug Emporium 120 Okidata Dot Matrix printers, one for each store. I don't think that store exists any longer. Only large printer deal I ever did.
For their time, they were state of the art. We had their top of the line and it produced usable legal documents...

Reactions: UAH and MobtownK

MobtownK

All-American
Nov 20, 2004
Mobile, Alabama, United States
View attachment 18783 Anyone ever use a IBM 8088 computer with a floppy disc?
1st computer I ever used was one of these. Journalism class in HS - 1994. One of the only computers in the school at the time - & I got unlimited time on it! The publishing software was amazing for it's time, but we still had to learn to cut and paste onto dummy sheets for printing since the local printing company didn't have the digital capacity.
Working on it - needed readers in HS, but not in the years after till I was 40.

1631292606457.png

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I took my first computer class in 1982. That was before even the Tandy 1000 was released.
it was either '83-84 that i had calc 2 and we had some kind of ibm desktop computers in the room. we didn't do any classes on them, they would just give us "free-time" on them from time to time. i think they offered a "computers" class my senior year, but it was pretty much aimed at teaching girls how to do data entry.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
and the 80 col punch card
My first job at UA was working for the University Auditor and I had to reconcile all 17 of the university's bank accounts, which was all of them except for the AD. They brought those in in trays and stacked them up around the walls of my office, almost to the ceiling. Each month, one would be mispunched or torn - it was up to me to find it. That took up the first two weeks of the month...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.