Poll..Do you think there will be football this fall?

Do you think there will be football this fall?

• Total voters

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
I thought we would have a season until this recent spike in cases. We are already into July, which means we have less than two months until the season is set to begin. If we do have a season, I would imagine that it would at the very least be a delayed season.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
There have been a handful of cancellations at the lower levels with some conferences announcing travel restrictions.

I think it is a matter of time before an FBS school pulls the trigger. I could see a G5 limiting or cancelling their season. That could set off a domino effect that would reach the SEC.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Sadly, the damage is done - the news reports have been running all over and simply reinforce the 'stupid southerner' stereotype many want to believe.
Yep, even if it is found to be not true it won't matter. The internet people believe it is true so it will just be a thing people will believe from now until the end of the world.

spock*

Suspended
Dec 27, 2006
Woodstock, GA
If it was generally considered CRIMINAL for a known AIDS carrier to spread the disease...
Why can't we look at Covid-19 the same way?

The Justice Department charged two people with federal terrorism offenses on Wednesday for allegedly claiming they were intentionally trying to spread the coronavirus.

The charges, in cases in Texas and Florida, come about two weeks after Deputy Attorney General Jeffrey Rosen instructed federal prosecutors across the U.S. that they could charge people who threaten to spread the coronavirus under the terrorism statutes because the Justice Department considers it a "biological agent" under the law.

"Threats or attempt to use COVID-19 as a weapon against Americans will not be tolerated," Rosen wrote in the memo to U.S. attorneys and the heads of all Justice Department agencies, including the FBI.

Reactions: Ole Man Dan

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
70% of Alabama students are out of state
Literally has nothing to do with outsider perception, just like it doesn't matter if the story is even true. You and I might know differently, but the average CNN viewer just rolls their eyes while noting the massive increase in COVID19 cases across the entire south and mutters "stupid rednecks"...

Screen Shot 2020-07-02 at 8.11.10 PM.png

Reactions: B1GTide

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Alabama doesn’t have a monopoly on stupid teenagers. Just ask any parent
Literally no one here is saying that, but right now Alabama is getting massive coverage as if it's the only place this is happening. That's the point. It's the easy story of "stupid backwards southern kids" doing this stuff. The cat's out of the bag - stating facts from a position of nuance is literally pointless wrt to national perception.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
The Justice Department charged two people with federal terrorism offenses on Wednesday for allegedly claiming they were intentionally trying to spread the coronavirus.

The charges, in cases in Texas and Florida, come about two weeks after Deputy Attorney General Jeffrey Rosen instructed federal prosecutors across the U.S. that they could charge people who threaten to spread the coronavirus under the terrorism statutes because the Justice Department considers it a "biological agent" under the law.

"Threats or attempt to use COVID-19 as a weapon against Americans will not be tolerated," Rosen wrote in the memo to U.S. attorneys and the heads of all Justice Department agencies, including the FBI.
It might be considered as harsh by some, but I call it applying common sense to help solve a National emergency. BRAVO.

Reactions: spock*

spock*

Suspended
Dec 27, 2006
Woodstock, GA
Once folks decide that unleaded water is too expensive to drink then being typhoid mary is not difficult to rationalize

Last edited:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Literally has nothing to do with outsider perception, just like it doesn't matter if the story is even true. You and I might know differently, but the average CNN viewer just rolls their eyes while noting the massive increase in COVID19 cases across the entire south and mutters "stupid rednecks"...

View attachment 9196
Yeah...but then when they have a resurgence that fall from the ivory tower will hurt.

Reactions: crimsonaudio

BigGunn

1st Team
Dec 5, 2004
Pace, Florida
Stats yesterday was that 50% of cases are under age 35. The large majority of those will be cast off the virus by their relative strength of their immune system. Problem is they are spreading the virus. I voted yes but now am being persuaded by new alarms of a lot of propaganda being pedaled by the MSM. Being older and having
a breathing disorder, I don't believe I will sustain a hard hit of the virus. Praying for my son who works anesthesia in surgery room as he is within a few inches of patients, has to handle folks heads and is now on quarantine until his test comes back in a couple of days as two of his team members tested positive. It is especially hard for me to come to grips with, as I think this was going to potentially the best team of the Saban era to date. I do indeed hope I can see another season with this bunch of players. I think this team was 15-0 and another trophy for recruits to see.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Revisiting this topic as we get into July. I'm not very confident at all that we see college football in any capacity this fall. I think the NFL will force a season because they are a business. Granted, we all know colleges and AD's today pertaining to football are businesses as well. But technically and "on paper". They aren't a business and aren't viewed as such. I just don't see a 2020 College football season happening.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
Revisiting this topic as we get into July. I'm not very confident at all that we see college football in any capacity this fall. I think the NFL will force a season because they are a business. Granted, we all know colleges and AD's today pertaining to football are businesses as well. But technically and "on paper". They aren't a business and aren't viewed as such. I just don't see a 2020 College football season happening.

Cole Cubelic made the point yesterday that there are plenty of people who want to permanently remake college athletics, football in particular. If conferences forged ahead with a season while students were online-only, or if numerous athletes suffed from COVID or, God forbid, died, it would be very damaging to the sport. It would be best to lay off unless something changes very quickly.

Reactions: selmaborntidefan

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
IMO, if fans are not allowed there will be no CFB. They would never hear the end of, "why are you making student athletes participate in an environment where fans are not allowed?"

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.