Polls Thread - Past Elections Only

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I don't want to hijack the Biden VP thread with other extraneous information, and since it is one of Cult 45's points in their church, er, I mean cult doctrinal statement is: "Polls that show Trump losing are fake news; polls that show Trump winning are divine ex cathedra statements."

I'll be sharing some information here from PAST ELECTIONS (as this is one of those numbers areas that used to be a bit of a side hobby), and you will find what I've said before: almost EVERY SINGLE THING you "know" about politics and the myths that surround them is flat out wrong.

Reagan did not come back from an 8-point deficit in the last week in 1980, no matter how many times you hear that one.

Keep in mind that polling is a much more developed and more precise science than it used to be - but it STILL contains a margin of error. The flaw in 2016 was NOT "the polls" - it was "how the press interpreted the polls in their coverage." That's a huge difference. I'll do another post later today on the 1980 election that 81 brought up recently.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.