Popular thread from popular OSU Fansite: "Alright I will admit it, I like Nick Saban and think He's the GOAT"

BuckeyeDoc1090

Jan 13, 2021
Hey guys, OSU fan here. I thought you guys might be interested in the general post game attitude towards Saban/Bama at Elevenwarriors, OSU's main fan site. There are a couple idiot exceptions of course, but in general, I've seen nothing but absolute respect towards what Saban and your program have accomplished, and very little vitriol, and this popular thread below was a perfect example of that. I think I speak for most of us when I say that what Saban has done is incredible, and I have nothing but respect for him and your program. The mood among us could not be more different than our loss to Clemson last year haha. We were clearly overmatched, and while we all of course believe it would have been a closer game with Sermon and our full DL, almost no one is suggesting that the end result would have changed.

In the week up to the game, Saban and his players did nothing but praise OSU, and were very careful to give us no bulletin board material. It could not have been more different that what Yabo Dabo did in the lead up to that game, and I think that showed in the result. In the interviews I saw with Najee and Devonta, they seemed very humble, well spoken, and Najee was honestly hilarious. We appreciated him clarifying that he may have made gaining yards look easy, but it was anything but.

I promise you will unfortunately not be hearing the end of "85 Yards Through the Heart of the South," because well, it was awesome, and beating you guys is always an enormous deal, which honestly should be a compliment towards your program. I hope you guys enjoyed our beat down of Dabo, seems like you guys also aren't huge fans of his either. I'm hoping our next QB pans out and that we climb back up to get a rematch soon.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
I've never heard of the "85 yard" thing. It was easy to find out what it was about after a quick research. I was at the game and remember being up 21-6 before things went sideways...

Reactions: BuckeyeDoc1090
Jan 13, 2021
OSU fan here too! Just joined today and have enjoyed the posts on this site. I like discussions with people who focus on football and the players of the game and don’t take it to the extremes. Wish my Buckeyes could have won on Monday, but I think it’s a great lesson for Ryan Day to improve the team. In addition, our team had been so disjointed all season that making the national championship game and beating Clemson was already a success. Beating two of the top college football teams 2 weeks was going to be a tremendous task. This is something that Nick Saban has always done. I remembered during the half time of Monday’s game and hearing Saban say there is no scoreboard. This shows how important every possession is important to him. He strives for great football players and coaches. This brings me back to the 2016 Alabama team, which I personally think is the greatest team I’ve ever seen. Hurts was so efficient and the defense was so suffocating with Minkah guiding them. I still find it amazing that it took heroics from Deshaun Watson to beat that team. But anyway, congrats to the Bama players, coaches, and fans. I grew up hating Alabama, but over the past few years I’ve just appreciate the dominance of Alabama and it’s literally the blueprint every team in America is trying to follow.

BuckeyeDoc1090

Jan 13, 2021
OSU fan here too! Just joined today and have enjoyed the posts on this site. I like discussions with people who focus on football and the players of the game and don’t take it to the extremes. Wish my Buckeyes could have won on Monday, but I think it’s a great lesson for Ryan Day to improve the team. In addition, our team had been so disjointed all season that making the national championship game and beating Clemson was already a success. Beating two of the top college football teams 2 weeks was going to be a tremendous task. This is something that Nick Saban has always done. I remembered during the half time of Monday’s game and hearing Saban say there is no scoreboard. This shows how important every possession is important to him. He strives for great football players and coaches. This brings me back to the 2016 Alabama team, which I personally think is the greatest team I’ve ever seen. Hurts was so efficient and the defense was so suffocating with Minkah guiding them. I still find it amazing that it took heroics from Deshaun Watson to beat that team. But anyway, congrats to the Bama players, coaches, and fans. I grew up hating Alabama, but over the past few years I’ve just appreciate the dominance of Alabama and it’s literally the blueprint every team in America is trying to follow.
Haha glad to see another lurking Buckeye! That's interesting you say that about the 2016 team. I thought this team and 2017 were much better... Would be curious what Bama fans think.

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
Hey guys, OSU fan here. I thought you guys might be interested in the general post game attitude towards Saban/Bama at Elevenwarriors, OSU's main fan site. There are a couple idiot exceptions of course, but in general, I've seen nothing but absolute respect towards what Saban and your program have accomplished, and very little vitriol, and this popular thread below was a perfect example of that. I think I speak for most of us when I say that what Saban has done is incredible, and I have nothing but respect for him and your program. The mood among us could not be more different than our loss to Clemson last year haha. We were clearly overmatched, and while we all of course believe it would have been a closer game with Sermon and our full DL, almost no one is suggesting that the end result would have changed.

In the week up to the game, Saban and his players did nothing but praise OSU, and were very careful to give us no bulletin board material. It could not have been more different that what Yabo Dabo did in the lead up to that game, and I think that showed in the result. In the interviews I saw with Najee and Devonta, they seemed very humble, well spoken, and Najee was honestly hilarious. We appreciated him clarifying that he may have made gaining yards look easy, but it was anything but.

I promise you will unfortunately not be hearing the end of "85 Yards Through the Heart of the South," because well, it was awesome, and beating you guys is always an enormous deal, which honestly should be a compliment towards your program. I hope you guys enjoyed our beat down of Dabo, seems like you guys also aren't huge fans of his either. I'm hoping our next QB pans out and that we climb back up to get a rematch soon.

Best post I’ve read in a while. Welcome. My opinion of tOSU fans is changing due to you, B1G, and other recent site visitors.

Side note: Our previous game is a sore spot, as an innocuous “steak dinner” wager was made between me, two other Bama guys and two Buckeyes. That dinner (in the ATL area) got VERY expensive, to the tune of ~$900 for 5 of us. Drinks, appetizers, wine, very expensive steaks, etc. just to drive up the cost, they ordered desserts, took one bite, and then declared they were done.

Yes, there was a wager on this year’s game. You can bet payback is gonna get expensive. We have to find a restaurant that has some Pappy Van Winkle on the shelf. “Just bring us the bottle! Roll Tide!!”

Last edited:
  • Roll Tide!
Reactions: The Ols and atlbama
Jan 13, 2021
Haha glad to see another lurking Buckeye! That's interesting you say that about the 2016 team. I thought this team and 2017 were much better... Would be curious what Bama fans think.
Yeah I think the 2020 Bama offense is the best I’ve seen from them since I started watching college football in 2015. But I just remember the 2016 team and just how good they were overall on offense and defense.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
Best post I’ve read in a while. Welcome. My opinion of tOSU fans is changing due to you, B1G, and other recent site visitors.

Side note: Our previous game is a sore spot, as an innocuous “steak dinner” wager was made between me, two other Bama guys and two Buckeyes. That dinner (in the ATL area) got VERY expensive, to the tune of ~$900 for 5 of us. Drinks, appetizers, wine, very expensive steaks, etc. just to drive up the cost, they ordered desserts, took one bite, and then declared they were done.

Yes, there was a wager on this year’s game. You can bet payback is gonna get expensive. We have to find a restaurant that has some Pappy Van Winkle on the shelf. “Just bring us the bottle! Roll Tide!!”
This is why I don't wager on anything. This is pure jerk moves and I hope you run up the bill higher than what they did.

----

This site has been very fortunate with the Ohio State fans that visit. I hope all of the Ohio State fans stick around, especially around the time they beat Michigan.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA

Pappy? That’s going for the throat!

Reactions: The Ols and CraigD

CRMSNtide

1st Team
Jul 4, 2011
This wasn't the best OSU team ever, especially when missing players from covid and injury.

But, this is probably the best Alabama team ever, the offense makes them nearly unbeatable.

So, i wouldn't hang my head if i was an OSU fan, it was just Bama's year, i don't think it mattered who was in the way.

Reactions: CraigD

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
If I hear injuries and Covid one more time...:mad:
We lost The Rimington winner, an AA WR, a freshman AA DB and our starting safety...the playing field was even...my goodness...And The Heisman trophy winner that set records in one half!!!

• Thank You
Reactions: CraigD and Con

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
This wasn't the best OSU team ever, especially when missing players from covid and injury.

But, this is probably the best Alabama team ever, the offense makes them nearly unbeatable.

So, i wouldn't hang my head if i was an OSU fan, it was just Bama's year, i don't think it mattered who was in the way.
Bama was missing 2 All-Americans on offense (maybe 1 1/2 since Waddle played but was extremely limited) as well as a freshman All-American on defense. This Bama team was not 100%.

• Thank You
Reactions: Con

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Bama was missing 2 All-Americans on offense (maybe 1 1/2 since Waddle played but was extremely limited) as well as a freshman All-American on defense. This Bama team was not 100%.
...and our starting safety and our Heisman trophy winner for the entire 2nd half...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.