ADMIN NOTE: Posts with nothing but a Twitter link...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Many members have their security setting on their browsers set so that embedded tweets don't appear at all. (As mine are) A link with no explanation then becomes a "teaser post." That forces readers to have to jump back and forth to see what the link's about. Many boards simply don't allow posts consisting solely of a link. It only takes a few seconds to type a few words of explanation. Please try to do that as a matter of consideration...

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Many members have their security setting on their browsers set so that embedded tweets don't appear at all. (As mine are) A link with no explanation then becomes a "teaser post." That forces readers to have to jump back and forth to see what the link's about. Many boards simply don't allow posts consisting solely of a link. It only takes a few seconds to type a few words of explanation. Please try to do that as a matter of consideration...
I was called out on this about 10 years ago, and links were hard then. kept that in the back of my mind ever since when posting.

Reactions: TIDE-HSV

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I was called out on this about 10 years ago, and links were hard then. kept that in the back of my mind ever since when posting.
I appreciate it. Most Twitter links are interesting enough on this board, but, every once in a while, I click and wonder why the poster took the trouble. Just a few words can avoid that. I run Foxfire on its medium high setting. Chrome loads them automatically, but you've just sold your soul and browsing history to Google, when you use it. Foxfire is the most secure browser. I do read my daily cartoons on Chrome... :)

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Earle - does this apply to all forums, such as Football for example, or just this one?

I have Firefox too but guess my settings aren't as secure as yours as Tweets show up just fine for me.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Bazz, I'd prefer it for all, but this forum seems to have developed into the worst for it. I've fooled with my settings, but I've got to cut back beyond my comfort level to get them to show...

• Thank You
Reactions: Bazza

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.