Prayers for My Dad Please

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
I would really appreciate prayers for my dad. We just found out he has a mass on his lung and must have a biopsy next week. We are very concerned because, although he quit about 17 years ago, he was a moderate smoker for about 35 years or so. We're praying and hoping for the best of course, and he has some other things going on health-wise that could be the cause, but obviously the C word looms large here. He's upbeat, but nervous as you might imagine.

Please pray for (1) a good/treatable biopsy result, (2) healing in general, (3) peace and strength, and (4) that whatever happens God will bring good from this and be glorified because of it.

Thank you all so much for your kind consideration and to the moderators and site owners in particular for this outlet.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I would really appreciate prayers for my dad. We just found out he has a mass on his lung and must have a biopsy next week. We are very concerned because, although he quit about 17 years ago, he was a moderate smoker for about 35 years or so. We're praying and hoping for the best of course, and he has some other things going on health-wise that could be the cause, but obviously the C word looms large here. He's upbeat, but nervous as you might imagine.

Please pray for (1) a good/treatable biopsy result, (2) healing in general, (3) peace and strength, and (4) that whatever happens God will bring good from this and be glorified because of it.

Thank you all so much for your kind consideration and to the moderators and site owners in particular for this outlet.
I will pray for your Father.
(And your Family)
This is a family crisis, It effects everyone.
(I lost my Father to C, a number of years ago. He was also a life long smoker)

• Thank You
Reactions: Special K

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
Hello all! First of all, thank you to everyone for your prayers and kindness. Sorry I'm a bit later than intended on this update, but what an update it is...

So my dad had his biopsy last week. The preliminary pathology report came in last Friday and our worst fears were realized - cancer. Doc said they knew it was non-small cell, which would have been just a matter of time, so we were clinging to that. Also,my dad had a chest x-ray about a year ago and the mass was not present, so we were also optimistic since they apparently caught it relatively early. Nonetheless, still a kick in gut of course. We didn't know the subtype or exact treatment course yet, only that a PET scan would be scheduled soon to check for any metastasis. If that was clear and the surgeon was OK with the location, doc said next likely (and best) step was surgery in any case.

So we spent the next couple of days preparing what we could. Dad decided on UAB for all treatment (whatever that might entail) and we starting lining things up for my mom to have what she needed to support him, etc.

Then Monday rolls around. Doc had said if we didn't hear from him on the full pathology report by a certain time to call the office to check. So my mom calls and the nurse checks for the report and says "Its here but there's an addendum. I'm not sure what that's about, doc needs to look at it and call you back." A bit later he calls with shocking news. First words out of his mouth: "This is not cancer." Instead of cancer, my dad has sarcoidosis - an inflammatory disease that can affect any organ but most commonly manifests itself as granulomas in the lungs. It may go away or could become chronic, but is not immediately life threatening (except in very rare cases) and certainly better than cancer!

We were stunned to say the least. My mother was so shocked she didn't even press for an answer as to why the diagnosis changed. But my father believes, as do I, that perhaps it wasn't a mistake at all - that God intervened between Friday and Monday. Some may laugh at that. That's OK, and maybe it was just a mistake or an overly aggressive prelim report or whatever. In any case, I know this - sincere, humble prayer offered in accordance with God's will works. We were prepared for and submitted to whatever God's will was in this situation, knowing that Romans 8:28 is true and that He would turn this into good for His kingdom purposes in some way, shape or form. We prayed for my dad to be healed and that was going to happen - either on this side of heaven or the other. I am just so thankful and humbled that God chose to answer our prayers in this way! Praise His holy name!

Thank you again to all who prayed and encouraged us. It made a difference. It always does.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.