Prayers for my wife, please

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Thanks for the prayers, I’m really having a hard time with this.I thought this would be over, I’m floored, but its not about me. I mean she literally hugged the Dr and made him feel better about giving her the bad news. She even took the time to stop at the nursing counter and hugged them to reassure them. If it were me, I would understand. I am a mean person, quick to anger, quick to judge without compassion , but not Tery. She is absolutely my opposite . She is nice, kind, generous, compassionate, and Always thinks of others. Everything I am not. If you have ever met Tery, you have gotten a hug from her. She is that kind of warm person. She gives hugs to the checkout person at Publix, the homeless guy that stops us for money outside the gas station , the waitress at Waffle House , as well as friends she has known for years. She talks to everyone she meets, and compliments total strangers on their blouse or hair or whatever. I can never go anywhere with her in a hurry, because she takes the time to stop and talk to people she has never met, to brighten their day, and the encounter always ends with a hug. She is the Kindest person I have ever met.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I'm so sorry to hear this bamaga. My wife is fighting this terrible disease too for the last three years. There's no easy way to go through this but just support her and be strong for her. Your wife sounds like a very positive person and that is very important for her recovery.
I certainly don't have all the answers but if you need someone to talk to PM me and we'll talk. I'll add you to our prayers and God bless you brother.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
thanks Gray for the kind words. And thanks to everyone for the prayers. just to update, things are not so great. We have another surgery on the 14th ( third surgery) , pending another PET scan on Thursday. If that scan comes back bad , the oncologist said surgery is off the table and re-evaluation of treatment will be necessary. She also has a mass in her throat that is suspected cancer, although he said she will need to see a different Dr as that is not his specialty.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
thanks Gray for the kind words. And thanks to everyone for the prayers. just to update, things are not so great. We have another surgery on the 14th ( third surgery) , pending another PET scan on Thursday. If that scan comes back bad , the oncologist said surgery is off the table and re-evaluation of treatment will be necessary. She also has a mass in her throat that is suspected cancer, although he said she will need to see a different Dr as that is not his specialty.
Thank you for sharing, bamaga. I hope y'all receive a good report and treatments are successful. We will be praying for you. Please remember to take care of yourself.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
bamaga, how is Tery doing? Sorry I have not kept up with you, guess I have been spending too much time in self pity. I will impart the same advice I gave to gtowntide, spend every possible minute with her, let her know every chance you get that you love her, and pray that God's will be done. I will keep both of you in my prayers, I am sorry it slipped my mine. Prayers from Tidefans are always appreciated.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Things are going well, we have another milestone in 4 weeks, but everything is positive at this point. Thank the lord, we seem to be making our way through this, we have met some wonderful people, lots of caring people. And Tery has been absolutely fantastic. She is handling this much better than I would have!

BTW, if anyone has doubts about giving blood, leukemia patients require Up to 50 blood, blood product transfusions . Cancer treatment hospitals have blood product donation centers! Tery doesn’t have leukemia, but we met some wonderful people at the Northside hospital cancer center That did. I am amazed at the positive outlook from Dr’s , patients , and health care givers! Also, spread the word about HPV vaccinations. Please, we can help others simply by informing our significant others, parents , grandkids daughters and sons. HPV and it’s link to cancer is undeniable and almost preventable. yes , I am a cancer fighting advocate! I have learned so much from this experience.

Thank you everyone for the prayers and well wishes. I think this will have a happy ending. Thanks again! Although I have just started back posting regularly on Tidefans the last few days, this site and the people have once again helped me through a tough part of my life! Thank you! We have to be positive, it’s the only way to survive a terrible disease!

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Also, spread the word about HPV vaccinations. Please, we can help others simply by informing our significant others, parents , grandkids daughters and sons. HPV and it’s link to cancer is undeniable and almost preventable. yes
I'm glad she is doing well and pray it continues. Remember to take care of yourself!

Parents, please get your child, male and female, the HPV vaccine. Don't buy the lies about it. Just get it for them. It may save their life.

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
Great to hear such a positive response. While I am still grieving I have learned that God has a plan for each of us, but we will not or cannot understand his plan. We can only trust in his love for each of us. God bless us all.
So true, my friend.

Jeremiah 29:11-12 tells us: "For I know the plans I have for you — this is the Lord’s declaration — plans for your welfare, not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. You will call to Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you."

bamaga, may He richly bless both you and Tery, as you wait upon Him.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.