Predict who AU will hire

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Let AU hire Freeze. It will not work out and he’ll be fired within 3 years, tops. If what was said on GameDay is true, AU wants Carnell Williams retained on staff, which means they are already dictating what Freeze can and can’t do before he’s even hired. That is the same old, same old down there. Until the money men learn to make a hire and then shut up and get out of the way, they will never have consistent success.

Reactions: Padreruf

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
They must have a ton of money to be able to have paid what they've paid to fire coaches and their staffs, hire coaches and their staffs, only to fire them and pay them to not coach, rinse and repeat now pay Freeze what it's going to take to get him. Geeze, talk about some $$$$

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
They must have a ton of money to be able to have paid what they've paid to fire coaches and their staffs, hire coaches and their staffs, only to fire them and pay them to not coach, rinse and repeat now pay Freeze what it's going to take to get him. Geeze, talk about some $$$$
Every SEC program basically got 55m just for existing last year.

Lot of money bouncing around these days.

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
Have you seen the price of lumber over the last 2 years? It's come down a good bit, but yellawood has made a killing since covid started.

• Haha
Reactions: Bamabuzzard

Its On A Slab

All-SEC
Apr 18, 2018
Pyongyang, Democratic Republic of Korea
Liberty loses to New Mexico State 49-14 at home. What does that tell you?
It tells you that Freeze will win a lot of big games, maybe knock off a #1 or #2, but, every year, he will lose to a team he should have beaten easily.

He has sleaze stories going back to his time as girl's basketball coach at a Memphis high school.

He can coach, he can recruit. But eventually his demons will surface. His last year at Ole Miss, he had the look of someone who had come off a three-day bender. Mussled hair and 3 day beard at weekly press conferences.

Reactions: CoolBreeze

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
It tells you that Freeze will win a lot of big games, maybe knock off a #1 or #2, but, every year, he will lose to a team he should have beaten easily.

He has sleaze stories going back to his time as girl's basketball coach at a Memphis high school.

He can coach, he can recruit. But eventually his demons will surface. His last year at Ole Miss, he had the look of someone who had come off a three-day bender. Mussled hair and 3 day beard at weekly press conferences.
"The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak"

Isaiah 63:1

All-American
Dec 8, 2005
Probably at 35k or in an airport somewhere
Could be taken either of two ways:

- The world is figuring out his offense, and he's going to be increasingly inconsistent going forward.

or

- He's already accepted the barn job and has mentally checked out.
Looks as if you were right on the "or" part. After beating Arky 21-19 in Fayetteville November 5, I'm guessing the deal was formalized, because at that point Liberty stood at 8-1 on the year. After Arky, Liberty lost its last three, as follows:
  • First, to then 2-8 VaTech, at home
  • Next, to then 5-5 UConn, away
  • Finally, to then 4-6 New Mexico State, at home, by the boatrace margin of 49-14
Why would you offer a contract to a coach who turned in that kind of season-ending performance? I can't imagine you would unless the deal had been signed weeks earlier; in which case, Cohen may actually have redefined the term "Auburn being Auburn" but just not in the way he intended.

Now we just have to hope you were also right on the "either" part...

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Looks as if you were right on the "or" part. After beating Arky 21-19 in Fayetteville November 5, I'm guessing the deal was formalized, because at that point Liberty stood at 8-1 on the year. After Arky, Liberty lost its last three, as follows:
  • First, to then 2-8 VaTech, at home
  • Next, to then 5-5 UConn, away
  • Finally, to then 4-6 New Mexico State, at home, by the boatrace margin of 49-14
Why would you offer a contract to a coach who turned in that kind of season-ending performance? I can't imagine you would unless the deal had been signed weeks earlier; in which case, Cohen may actually have redefined the term "Auburn being Auburn" but just not in the way he intended.

Now we just have to hope you were also right on the "either" part...
I'm betting he's had a deal in place (even as 'plan b') since Arky.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.