Price of Gas II

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I had a patient in hygiene this morning who had parked his truck across the street in front of the movie theater. Some guys were going to work on the marquis, so they came in the office and asked him to move his truck. We asked for five minutes to finish. After finishing he said it was a brand new truck that he had picked up yesterday. It's an all electric F-150. I asked if I could see his truck; he was anxious to show it off so outside we went.

It's a beautiful vehicle. When the patient got in to move it, I asked him if I could ride. He took me for a quick ride. The acceleration was like that of a Corvette. It has a 325 mile range and charges in 30 minutes. Pretty impressive.

I didn't ask what he paid.

Ford F 150 Electric.jpg

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I had a patient in hygiene this morning who had parked his truck across the street in front of the movie theater. Some guys were going to work on the marquis, so they came in the office and asked him to move his truck. We asked for five minutes to finish. After finishing he said it was a brand new truck that he had picked up yesterday. It's an all electric F-150. I asked if I could see his truck; he was anxious to show it off so outside we went.

It's a beautiful vehicle. When the patient got in to move it, I asked him if I could ride. He took me for a quick ride. The acceleration was like that of a Corvette. It has a 325 mile range and charges in 30 minutes. Pretty impressive.

I didn't ask what he paid.

View attachment 27652
likely paid over MSRP as that is what is going on with these now

Reactions: Go Bama and seebell

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Something tells me we severely over-estimated demand this past summer.
I think across-the-board inflation pumped the brakes on a lot of the demand for the summer. In our area we had people posting their electric bills on FB and the fuel charge increased their power bill by almost double, some more than doubled. Add on top of that the price of food/groceries already being through the dang roof I'm sure people quickly began to adjust their driving.

Reactions: CrimsonJazz

CrimsonJazz

All-American
May 27, 2022
I think across-the-board inflation pumped the brakes on a lot of the demand for the summer. In our area we had people posting their electric bills on FB and the fuel charge increased their power bill by almost double, some more than doubled. Add on top of that the price of food/groceries already being through the dang roof I'm sure people quickly began to adjust their driving.
Oh, there's no doubt whatsoever that this is exactly what happened. The cost of literally everything has gone up as the value of our money has plummeted. One would think that O&G executives would know this, but they are as out of touch with the public as our politicians are.

Reactions: Padreruf

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I would have thought the people who want an electric vehicle aren't the type to drive an F150.
The owner of the local Ford dealership is a patient of mine. He was in the office yesterday. I asked him if they were selling any electric cars. He said they had sold three, so I told him the story about my other patient with the electric F-150. Turns out, he sold the other man the truck. I didn't ask, but he said it was a $100,000 vehicle. Whew!

The man has a business here and in Chattanooga. He has to make one 15-20 minute stop to recharge.

I paid $3.16 at the Shell station yesterday. It cost $58.00 to fill my truck and I was delighted. I never imagined I would say that.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.