Price of gas

Status
Not open for further replies.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I am mocking those who deserve to be mocked for hypocrisy and not everyone suffering from higher prices.
We likely run in different circles. Few of those I've seen complaining about it 'deserve' it, they're regular folks trying to get by and don't understand why gas (and most everything else) is more expensive - while trying to make Christmas happen.

This whole thread started about why people whine when gas is cheaper just a short distance away (not always the case), then morphed into 'people are complaining because - wow, gas has increased in price dramatically' to 'serves them right'.

Just seems odd to me.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
i wish we could focus this energy (no pun intended) on the myriad other economic factors - that are much easier to "control "- that negatively impact lower and middle class workers. a lot of these types of things are in the bbb bill the dems in the senate are now working to pass and in the infrastructure bill that just passed.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
i wish we could focus this energy (no pun intended) on the myriad other economic factors - that are much easier to "control "- that negatively impact lower and middle class workers. a lot of these types of things are in the bbb bill the dems in the senate are now working to pass and in the infrastructure bill that just passed.
We accomplish so much here!

;)

• Haha
Reactions: B1GTide and 92tide

Bubbaloo

1st Team
Dec 8, 2015
In this case, people are not only frustrated about the price of gas (which costs 65% more than one year ago) as well as everything else (inflation is 6.81% Nov 21 over Nov 20).

I think gas prices have long been viewed as an easy layman's way to see how things are going economically. There are exceptions, of course, but generally speaking higher gas prices coincide with a poorer economy.
Gas/diesal prices affect everything that a consumer purchases from A to Z. Everything is shipped, manufactured or grown using a petroleum product.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Gas/diesal prices affect everything that a consumer purchases from A to Z. Everything is shipped, manufactured or grown using a petroleum product.
Yeah, that seems the thing being missed here. It really has less to do with the people who own gas guzzler's price at the tank as it does the products they buy that have the increase in price built into them, on top of the increase in price everyone is paying at the pump. I don't think it's the additional $100-$200/month in filling up that's causing people financial issues.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
Yup, we are reaping what we sowed. Cutting revenues while spending like drunken sailors for years and years cant be supported forever. 'There is no such thing as a free lunch'.
While I agree with you, that was not my point. My point is that most of the price issues, labor shortage, etc. We're caused by the pandemic. The pandemic could have gone alot better and I think we would be alot further along in recovery if the Orange Idiot had handled things better. Also if the public had not started ignoring mask mandates and stay at home orders. So our nation has made this situation much worse than it had to be by refusing to do what was necessary during the early part of the pandemic and by electing a president that made even dumber decisions.

Reactions: Go Bama and seebell

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Yeah, that seems the thing being missed here. It really has less to do with the people who own gas guzzler's price at the tank as it does the products they buy that have the increase in price built into them, on top of the increase in price everyone is paying at the pump. I don't think it's the additional $100-$200/month in filling up that's causing people financial issues.
A great reason to end our dependence on gasoline

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
We had replaced Middle East sourcing with domestic and North American sourcing (Canada and Mexico are our number 1 and 2 imports) such that if you drew a circle around North America it was approaching zero imports. There was something - I forget what - that occurred in the Middle East in the past 3 years or so that impacted their production and we saw zero effect on prices here. But we’re still not immune to upsets in supply from North American sources.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Battery tech wasn't there 30 years ago. Heck, it was prohibitively expensive 20 years ago, and largely remains that way today, despite massive innovation and government subsidies.
i'm saying we were seeing the current and potential negative impacts (climate and economic) of our reliance fossil fuel usage then. and a lot of folks refused to take it seriously and a lot of time and effort was spent making sure we stayed with fossil fuels

Reactions: crimsonaudio

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
i'm saying we were seeing the current and potential negative impacts (climate and economic) of our reliance fossil fuel usage then. and a lot of folks refused to take it seriously and a lot of time and effort was spent making sure we stayed with fossil fuels
Gotcha - misunderstood your point. Thanks for the clarification.

• Thank You
Reactions: 92tide

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Yeah, I mean right now an electric car is out of budget for the average American. Unless / until that changes, gas will still reign supreme.
Not that far
IRVINE, Calif., July 19, 2021 /PRNewswire/ --The estimated average transaction price (ATP) for a light vehicle in the United States was $42,258 in June 2021, according to the analysts at Kelley Blue Book. New-vehicle prices increased $2,527 (up 6.4%) from June 2020, while increasing $928 (up 2.2%) from May 2021.
Average New-Vehicle Prices Hit All-Time High, According to Kelley Blue Book - Jul 19, 2021 (kbb.com)

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
The average price of a new EV is currently $49,938. An 18% increase in price is significant for most families. And that's on top of a record-breaking price increase on new autos over the last year due to chip shortages, so the gas auto prices are already inflated to the point that they strain people's budgets.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I don’t know if I could pull the trigger on a 100% electric car, even if the price was comparable. I travel for work and wouldn’t bd able to plug it in every night. Loving the 55 mpg I get on my hybrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.