Price of gas

Status
Not open for further replies.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Which party has said we need a long term energy plan? I think the answer is neither.
dems have been pushing for a move away from sole reliance on fossil fuels for a while and many of the plans to address climate change that have been put forward over the past couple of decades would have involved long term energy plans

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
dems have been pushing for a move away from sole reliance on fossil fuels for a while and many of the plans to address climate change that have been put forward over the past couple of decades would have involved long term energy plans
The answer to my question, though, is still neither. I've never heard any pol say we need a long-term energy plan. And by long term I'm talking 50+ years. And you can't say the green new deal was a plan -
plans actually can work and are generally feasible.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
The answer to my question, though, is still neither. I've never heard any pol say we need a long-term energy plan. And by long term I'm talking 50+ years. And you can't say the green new deal was a plan -
plans actually can work and are generally feasible.
a lot of the stuff being talked about in the late 90s was talking long-term, at least in terms of impacts and alternate sources of energy. an integral part of any long-term energy plan is a move away from fossil fuels.

eta: but yes, much much more needs to be done

Reactions: crimsonaudio

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
a lot of the stuff being talked about in the late 90s was talking long-term, at least in terms of impacts and alternate sources of energy. an integral part of any long-term energy plan is a move away from fossil fuels.

eta: but yes, much much more needs to be done
I get that all, but to date there has been no integrated strategy and plan. It's not like nobody's doing it

Reactions: 92tide

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
  • Thank You

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
If people would shop for and buy more fuel efficient vehicles when they are ready to purchase, that would go a long way to easing up the supply/demand issues. The best answer isn't always to refine more gas and diesel.
If your vehicle gets under 25 mpg, there is a good chance that you are part of the problem.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
If people would shop for and buy more fuel efficient vehicles when they are ready to purchase, that would go a long way to easing up the supply/demand issues. The best answer isn't always to refine more gas and diesel.
If your vehicle gets under 25 mpg, there is a good chance that you are part of the problem.
All well and good, but that's a medium-term solution at best. Autos are typically held for years, and in times of financial pressure people tend to hold vehicles longer.

Yes, consumers need to do more, but we also need a better plan towards cleaner fuels.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
It's weird that democrats simultaneously have no energy plan and are going to ruin the energy industry with their plans...isn't it odd? Seriously?

But let's get to where the rubber meets the road.

Have republicans sat down in good faith negotiations anytime in recent memory to hash out an agreement or has their stance been simple obstruction?

I get the feeling Biden is ready to negotiate with anyone who is willing for some give and take.

And don't misunderstand - there are some stubborn ones on the D side as well and if we are to get something done right no one will be entirely happy with every component.

But I wish we could get something done no matter who gets to take credit.

As it is we can't even agree on goals at all.

Hell, we can't even agree on reality.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
It's weird that democrats simultaneously have no energy plan and are going to ruin the energy industry with their plans...isn't it odd? Seriously?
I mentioned this above - we need long-term planning, not 4-8 years' worth. Biden and co can make all the plans they want but if they lose to a repub who is pro-fossil fuel in 2024 it's all for nothing. And all that time, energy companies try to make long-term investment plans, but cannot commit if they don't know what the direction is.

It's why I said Congress needs to act - it's obvious that asking the executive branch to handle this isn't working. But getting congress to act on anything seems impossible anymore - even when the dems hold a slim majority it doesn't get done (I mention them because they seem to be the only ones who really care about addressing our dependency on non-renewable energy, not as a slight).

• Thank You
Reactions: UAH and 92tide

Tug Tide

All-American
Aug 27, 2006
Redneck Riviera, Panama City Beach, FL

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
But getting congress to act on anything seems impossible anymore - even when the dems hold a slim majority it doesn't get done (I mention them because they seem to be the only ones who really care about addressing our dependency on non-renewable energy, not as a slight).
Yeah, we are pretty much in agreement here.

Dems can't get things done and they don't have enough votes to change the filibuster. That gives Rs outsized power in the senate, where they already have outsized power. It's essentially minority rule and their rule is obstructionism.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA

The Trump revision was only in place 4 years, so I don’t know how that may have affected vehicle offerings. Good thing it wasn’t eight years

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
Bezos obviously doesn't understand that gas prices are the largest component of what the average joe has seen in prices increases. Understandable, when your toilet paper rolls are 100 dollar bills.

That Valero, a pure refiner, is posting lower prices would indicate that maybe (hopefully) refining margins are decreasing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.