Pruitt's lawyer threatens fiery lawsuit as Tennessee refuses settlement with ex-Vols coach

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
“If Coach Pruitt is forced to file a lawsuit,” Lyons wrote, “it is inevitable that this information will become public, embarrass UT and those associated with it, including its largest donors, and result in debilitating NCAA sanctions.”

A potential lawsuit, Lyons wrote, is a “no-win situation” for Tennessee.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Lol. Career Suicide along with program Suicide. I guess he learned something from Propst and Fulmer…. Get dirt on everyone.

Reactions: Jon

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
I’m sure Jeremy came to UT and developed this elaborate cheating system. I mean, I’m sure he had long term relationships with their top boosters and alumni.

I’m thrilled that he’s about to light that place up and implicate fulmer, boosters, current and former coaches, administrators and all who were involved.

Maybe they’ll be “staring down the barrel of a gun.”

mrusso

1st Team
Apr 17, 2006
I don't think Pruitt wants to come back to college for a while. Pruitt knows if he does it, folks will shun him for long time and he'll burn bridges everywhere, but He's doing what's best for himself and Tennessee would be wise to reach a deal with him quickly or they're gonna be hurting for long long long time.
It's in the best interest of both sides if this goes away quickly and quietly.

Reactions: dtgreg

Bama_N_Va

1st Team
Aug 16, 2017
I’m sure Jeremy came to UT and developed this elaborate cheating system. I mean, I’m sure he had long term relationships with their top boosters and alumni.

I’m thrilled that he’s about to light that place up and implicate fulmer, boosters, current and former coaches, administrators and all who were involved.

Do you think the REC had this all lined up and is backing Pruitt financially???

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I guess I'm in the dark on what happened up there with CJP and what "he knows" and can "expose." Besides Fulmer's backroom deals for Crispy Cream doughnuts, what else are we talking about???

Leeroy

All-SEC
Dec 27, 2005
I saw this on a different site. Tennessee fans were, oh yeah, well a lawsuit just opens up what Pruitt did at Alabama, Georgia, and Florida State. What ever helps you sleep at night golf ball chuckers. This pic should be on the jumbotron at some point Saturday night.

73B6A708-1979-48DB-8369-35D073BC89E8.jpeg

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
From what I gather, to me the basic battle going on here is that Tennessee took the stance that everything that happened was Pruitt's fault and threw him under the bus.

Pruitt's defense is basically wait a minute, this stuff was going on without my knowledge prior to my arrival here. It is actually a pretty big deal in terms of Pruitt's career because how involved he was matters a lot.

I'm biased but I tend to believe the idea that Tennessee had this going on all along. Now, do I think Pruitt didn't know? He probably knew... it is entirely plausible though that he got stuck in a bad situation and it sure did seem like Tennessee was quick to try to blame it all on him (willing to admit guilt essentially in order to save some money and keep Pruitt from going back to Alabama, a very Tennessee thing to do).

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA

I'm sure it went something like this: Phat Phil to Jeremy - Well, son, now that you're our coach, let me show you how we do things at Tennessee.......

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.