Question re: KB Sides and Jenna Johnson

bamajjcat

Jan 18, 2021
Question: How were KB Sides and Jenna Johnson injured, what are the extent of their injuries, and does anyone have an update on how they are doing?

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I have no clue on Jenna Johnson. Was at the Memphis game where Sides got hurt, and saw nothing obvious.

Saw her (Sides) hobbling around yesterday at the afternoon UNC game. She didn’t have a cast, but did have a full-leg (hip to ankle) black support / brace with what seemed like a half-dozen Velcro closures on her left leg. Was putting little to no weight on it, and had two crutches.

If Murphy says it’s a couple of weeks, I trust him. But to my untrained eye, it looked more serious than that.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Okay, we're now heading in to the SEC season. Are there any updates on the injuries to Sides and Johnson. I read that Johnson hurt her knee at the plate, which leads me to think twisted knee/ligament damage, but that is just speculation. I hope we can at least get Sides back this weekend against Auburn. Do any of you insiders have any info?

HSV_1969

Scout Team
Feb 28, 2011
I'm not an insider, but I was watching the game when Jenna Johnson went down. She had a good hit at the plate, and drove the ball out near the wall in the outfield (would have been a solid single or maybe a double). As she was completing the swing, she dropped to the ground and grabbed her knee. She was laying on her back at the plate for probably 1 minute or more as the training staff was attending to her on the field.
I haven't heard any detail about the specifics of the injury or any potential timeframe of return.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.