News Article: Ranking the SEC national title teams of the last 30 years

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Kind of cool to compare and contrast all of our teams dating back to 1992. Admittedly, I would have 2011 higher and 1992 a little lower but it's splitting hairs. 2019 LSU as the best? Arguable but I'm not sure I buy it.
Hard to argue with 15-0. Tip your hat to LSU (honestly, I'm a little bit happy for Coach O; he's a classic college football coach), and get to work to beat LSU's backside next time.

Reactions: seebell

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
I would put the 2015 Bama team higher on the list. That team beat a really good Clemson team and was really well balanced. I've also never seen a team grow as much as that team did over the course of a season.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I guess we all would change the order some, but I have no quibbles with #1, #2 and #4.

My favorite of all wins was in 1992 against the Canes. My next would have to be 2009.

Can't argue with #1...BUT I contend we were every bit as good (maybe better) but our injuries did us in. That LSU/Bama game was ALOT closer than I remembered after rewatching a few weeks ago. We made critical, game-changing, scoreboard impacting mistakes that we could not overcome, but we almost did anyway. Tip of the hat to LSU for a great season. But I still think CEO kinda fell upstairs into a NC with a perfect storm. Time will tell on his coaching acumen, but I'll just go on record as stating he ain't no Nick Saban.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.