RB Rotation for next year.... Who ya got?

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I am not bashing BRob with this, but I really don't care who the next one up is. I want to see us not scared to RUN DA BAWL on 3rd and 1.
That has as much or more to do with the O Line than it does the back. Spring is going to be fun to see how the trench work plays out as well as figuring out the pecking order in the backfield. Gibbs is going to be RB1 I believe.

Reactions: TideEngineer08

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Much of this depends on how much Jase and Roydell progress with rehabbing those knees. Both were mid to late seasons injuries. Conventional thinking would say both are out of any contact worked in the spring and possibly into fall camp with a chance to work their way in as we go into the season. That being said, we have seen a more rapid return in some cases. Most gave George Pickens at UGA little chance of seeing the field this season but it as able to make it back (still limited) by the season’s and available for the playoffs.

At present it looks to be Gibbs job to lose, Then there is Trey Sanders. Question for Trey is does he ever return to his pre-foot/auto accident injuries explosiveness? I really love this kid’s heart. Is he tentative now because of those injuries or he simply what he is at this point?

Then we have the mystery this is Camar Wheaton. Top rated RB in the nation last year coming out of Texas that still hasn’t seen the field due to an undisclosed injury in the summer. Will we see him in the spring? Who knows.

So for now it is Gibbs and Sanders. Neither of the RB’s signed in this class are early enrollees so will have to wait to summer to where they fit.

Lots and lots of questions.

Reactions: seebell

Patton

1st Team
Nov 10, 2021
Much of this depends on how much Jase and Roydell progress with rehabbing those knees. Both were mid to late seasons injuries. Conventional thinking would say both are out of any contact worked in the spring and possibly into fall camp with a chance to work their way in as we go into the season. That being said, we have seen a more rapid return in some cases. Most gave George Pickens at UGA little chance of seeing the field this season but it as able to make it back (still limited) by the season’s and available for the playoffs.

At present it looks to be Gibbs job to lose, Then there is Trey Sanders. Question for Trey is does he ever return to his pre-foot/auto accident injuries explosiveness? I really love this kid’s heart. Is he tentative now because of those injuries or he simply what he is at this point?

Then we have the mystery this is Camar Wheaton. Top rated RB in the nation last year coming out of Texas that still hasn’t seen the field due to an undisclosed injury in the summer. Will we see him in the spring? Who knows.

So for now it is Gibbs and Sanders. Neither of the RB’s signed in this class are early enrollees so will have to wait to summer to where they fit.

Lots and lots of questions.
Jase is in nearly his 4th month of Rehab.I would imagine he,without setbacks,will be doing a lot of non-contact running and drills this spring.Roydell,OTOH,is just barely over 2 months in to his rehab.I fully expect Jase to be back better than ever by August.Roydell?...Mid-season at best.

Only thing I have heard about Camar W is that he suffered a non-serious meniscus injury in late summer 2021. Then supposedly suffered some cartliage damage rehabbing and went through a micro fracture surgery.Why?..I do not know. We need him back.

The 2 rookies,Miller and Henderson,are very talented young men.Especially with the ball in their hands.Will,I imagine,have a lot to learn what it means to be a college RB..They will eventually I hope.And develop patience.

I still like Trey and I sure admire the young man!!...He still packs a punch with good vision,even though he may have lost some of his previous explosiveness.But he battled back to get back there,and I NEVER downplay Want-To.

And Gibbs?..The most ELITE all-around RB in the country and it is not close.IF he stays healthy? He will set the college football world on fire in that Offense!!

Reactions: jasongilbert69

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Wheaton had a meniscus tear ... and he was set to play.. and then we started to hear that he had 2nd injury.. microfracture injury.... So in another word, he had a setback.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
By Fall: I expect Top three to play: Gibbs, Jase and Sanders. Roydell is likely the odd man out. MIller/Henderson probably will get small look before redshirting.

I think Transfer candidate by August: Wheaton, Sander or Williams.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
That falls on the O-line.
Agreed, as well as the play caller.

For example, let's look at that 3rd and 1 in the Titans/Bengals game, in which the Titans called a read zone option play, that Tannehill chose to keep and got blown up for a yard loss. Some of that is on the playcaller for the stupid play, then Tannehill for choosing to keep when if he'd given it to Henry, he would have easily picked up the first.

Then, on 4th and 2, the Titans made and even worse play calling blunder, with a predictable off tackle to Henry out of a heavy formation and he was blown up in the backfield.

None of that falls on Henry. Most of it falls on the plays called in those situations.

• Thank You
Reactions: Con

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
By Fall: I expect Top three to play: Gibbs, Jase and Sanders. Roydell is likely the odd man out. MIller/Henderson probably will get small look before redshirting.

I think Transfer candidate by August: Wheaton, Sander or Williams.
I've seen some people say Henderson might be a WR but idk much about that. If he is, how many WRs did we sign in this class? 100?

Patton

1st Team
Nov 10, 2021
1. Aaron Anderson
2. Shazz Preston
3. Kobe Prentice

Transfer:
Burton
And Isaiah Bond.he could play CB on the next level somewhere but he will be a WR at Alabama. At least at 1st.And depending on what happens with some other individuals,Kendrick law was also recruited and signed primarily as a WR.

Reactions: UAllday

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
1. Aaron Anderson
2. Shazz Preston
3. Kobe Prentice

Transfer:
Burton
And Isaiah Bond.he could play CB on the next level somewhere but he will be a WR at Alabama. At least at 1st.And depending on what happens with some other individuals,Kendrick law was also recruited and signed primarily as a WR.
That's a ton of WRs for one class. That's 6 WRs if you include Burton. And then I know I saw someone mentioned Henderson as a possible WR which would be 7. I don't follow recruiting too closely but I feel like there was another Athlete who was a CB/WR in HS.

Plus however many WRs we signed last year.

Sounds like there is going to be a LOT of competition at the WR position the next few years.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Patton

1st Team
Nov 10, 2021
Ya'll are making it way too hard: Look at the current depth for WR: this is not in order...

11 WRs

Wide Receivers (8+3°)
So: T Holden^, T Jones-Bell^, J Burton^
So: J Brooks, JJ Earle, A Hall, C Leary
Fr: A Anderson, I Bond°, K Prentice°, S Preston°

Would imagine Law trying several positions this fall.

Running Backs (7+1°)
So: Sanders*^, McClellan^, Williams^, J Gibbs^
Fr: C Wheaton*, J Miller, K Law, E Henderson°

I still think 1-2 WRs will transfer. that bring it down to 9-10.
OK :ROFLMAO: Who says Kendrick Law is going to be a RB?

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Ya'll are making it way too hard: Look at the current depth for WR: this is not in order...
Not to derail this thread, but Idk what anyone is making hard.

Just marveling at how many WRs/potential WRs this class seems to have. It emphasizes that we don't have a great idea of who our starting WRs will be. Will be fun to find out.

As for the original intent of this thread the RB room will be interesting as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Relayer

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.