Reaping what you sow - GOP edition...

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
When Disney was purchasing 20th century a few years back the government stepped in and blocked them from purchasing all of it. Part of it was Fox Sports. Fox Sports covers all but a handful of regional broadcasting for the MLB (FS1, FSS, FSSE, etc). Sinclair bought that and charged astronomical prices that really only people like AT&T, Comcast, and the big boys could afford. Well Hulu, YouTube, and Sling users are out of luck and won’t be able to watch baseball this year because of it and the ESPN black out rules.
If you love sports, you really can't be a cord cutter. I pay too much for cable, but I can watch almost every game in almost every sport.

Reactions: 81usaf92

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
If you love sports, you really can't be a cord cutter. I pay too much for cable, but I can watch almost every game in almost every sport.
Im going to Direct TV but I’m justifying it by saying my Xfinity internet sucks and not admitting that the Braves are a driving force in it.

Reactions: B1GTide

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
I was doing perfectly fine with YouTube TV until this Sinclair mess. It’s not just streaming services that dropped these regional networks, Dish Network also dropped them as well. The only place to get them for now is cable operators, DirecTV and AT&T TV. I spent a lot of time today looking into VPNs and how to use them with my Apple TV to get around the blackout restrictions. The best VPN services are pretty pricey though just to use for baseball.

Reactions: 81usaf92

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I was doing perfectly fine with YouTube TV until this Sinclair mess. It’s not just streaming services that dropped these regional networks, Dish Network also dropped them as well. The only place to get them for now is cable operators, DirecTV and AT&T TV. I spent a lot of time today looking into VPNs and how to use them with my Apple TV to get around the blackout restrictions. The best VPN services are pretty pricey though just to use for baseball.
The problem is that Sinclair is like Disney in that they are fully willing to lose money to change something. Until I watched John Oliver’s piece on it I didn’t realize how powerful they were. I didn’t even realize I was watching them.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
glad to see this. i worked for them several years managing their atlanta store. they are a great company

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

Several former Trump officials told the Washington Post that “the job climate was even more difficult than they believed it would be, and both former vice president Mike Pence and Trump have kept a coterie of staffers still on their payrolls, some because they have not been able to find other work. Some seem to have disappeared.”

“Kirstjen Nielsen, the former head of Homeland Security who is linked to the family separation scandal at the border, sold her house in Washington, and moved in hopes that fewer people would recognize her in public. Mark Meadows, the president’s former chief of staff, changed his longtime cellphone number. A number of other Cabinet secretaries have struggled to find jobs.”

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
some more good news from fulton

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I count myself a sports lover but I'm a cord cutter. There's one huge factor - I am only a casual MLB fan, usually becoming interested around playoff, sometimes just Series, times...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.