RECIPE: Homemade Kahlua

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Just in case you get addicted to some of BamaLuvers drinks. This will save a ton of money.

HOMEMADE KAHLUA

You will need 2 dark glass bottles for this. Old wine bottles work well with either a cork or screw top to seal. I have also used those Grolsch beer bottles with the swing down ceramic stoppers.

2 cups instant coffee - not freeze dried
7 cups sugar
1 qt boiling water
1 qt vodka - use the cheap stuff, it really doesn't matter
2 vanilla beans split lengthwise

In a 4 qt pot mix sugar and coffee together and pour 1 qt boiling water over it. Stir till completely dissolved and let cool to room temp. This will take a couple of hours.

divide the quart of vodka between 2 dark bottles and drop in one of the vanilla beans that has been split down the middle. Finish filling the bottle with the coffee sugar mixture and seal top. Put bottles in a cool dark spot for at least 4 weeks.

I found a bottle that I had forgot about that was over a year old and it was unbelievably good. I guess the longer you let it age the better it gets. The 4 weeks is a minimum and it is still a bit raw. At about 3 months it is much smoother.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.