JessN: Recruiting 2020: Tide lands another solid class

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Recruiting 2020: Tide lands another solid class
by Jess Nicholas | TideFans.com Editor-in-Chief

When you’re talking about a class that ranks no worse than fourth overall in the country, it’s hard to talk about anything being a “step back.” But for a program accustomed to leading the recruiting rankings and setting records year after year for average class strength, the 2020 class for Alabama […]

Continue reading...

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Recruiting 2020: Tide lands another solid class
by Jess Nicholas | TideFans.com Editor-in-Chief

When you’re talking about a class that ranks no worse than fourth overall in the country, it’s hard to talk about anything being a “step back.” But for a program accustomed to leading the recruiting rankings and setting records year after year for average class strength, the 2020 class for Alabama […]

Continue reading...
Love it!!! Got me all fired up on a crummy day outside here in Cumming Ga.!!! Thanks Jess!!!

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Perine didn't have good practices leading to the game and I think all the stardom went to his head and it showed. I still expect Perine to keep his job.

Delong won't be with the team this coming fall. Doubt he will get another chance. He has had two chances two years in a row.

Reactions: NationalTitles18

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Rankings aren't meaningless, but neither are they the end all-be all. Great talent that doesn't meet the needs of your team, that can't or won't be coached to do what is needed to succeed, or that brings an otherwise detrimental attitude with it does not help your team succeed. That's where the nuances of recruiting really matter and can make a difference between a championship and having a good year for almost any other team. Looking forward to seeing this class reach new heights.

TRU

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2000
Tampa, FL
I personally am disappointed that they did not bring in either a kicker or punter on scholarship. I understand that there is already one of each on scholarship. But the kicker has an injury that is quite tricky and the punter has what might be charitably called a bad case of the "yips". Looks like Tide fans will be getting their heart rate up anytime the situation calls for a punt or field goal again this year.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
I personally am disappointed that they did not bring in either a kicker or punter on scholarship. I understand that there is already one of each on scholarship. But the kicker has an injury that is quite tricky and the punter has what might be charitably called a bad case of the "yips". Looks like Tide fans will be getting their heart rate up anytime the situation calls for a punt or field goal again this year.
Check the boards...not schollies, but brought in some quality kids to push WR...
We should be in pretty good shape in the kicking department all the way around. (Not blue)

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
On us being tied with tOSU for third: I am not bothered by UGA being number one because I expect Smart to find a way to lose the big games in spite of talent. I am a bit worried on the Clemson ranking though. Didn't they win a championship with an average recruiting ranking of 10 over the past 4 years leading up to that win? I may be misremembering but I think Clemson has been able to do alot with their recruits.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.