Link: Recruiting and the Transfer Portal Logjam

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Moody is a senior who has played 3 years. If Henry comes to Alabama and Moody stays, his NFL dreams all but die. If I were Moody and Henry came to Alabama, my name would be in the portal the next day.
You are assuming that Henry would absorb the complexities of our defense very quickly... 😎

Reactions: JustNeedMe81

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
You are assuming that Henry would absorb the complexities of our defense very quickly... 😎
Everyone is, including Henry (if he comes). Harris would call the plays. Henry is NFL ready right now. So, yeah, that is a pretty safe assumption.

Reactions: NoNC4Tubs

BhamToTexas

All-SEC
Dec 25, 2020
I
So I'm guessing OU should not have signed Mayfield, Murray or Hurts since they shunned OU originally.
I’m not saying that at all. As I said originally I just have some mixed emotions about this particular situation. It just feels different. He is jumping off a sinking ship and only now wants us. We will win with or without him.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
I

I’m not saying that at all. As I said originally I just have some mixed emotions about this particular situation. It just feels different. He is jumping off a sinking ship and only now wants us. We will win with or without him.
The question is not what you or I or anyone else "feel" about this...our emotions count for zero -- and should. The only question is whether CNS thinks HT can come in and improve the LB situation...if he does, then I'm all in. If he can beat out at least 4 - 5 other LB's for a starting job, then all the best to him.

BhamToTexas

All-SEC
Dec 25, 2020
The question is not what you or I or anyone else "feel" about this...our emotions count for zero -- and should. The only question is whether CNS thinks HT can come in and improve the LB situation...if he does, then I'm all in. If he can beat out at least 4 - 5 other LB's for a starting job, then all the best to him.
Right, I get that. I thought we were supposed to post our thoughts and opinions on subjects?

Reactions: CraigD and B1GTide

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
You are but it does not mean we are all going to agree with your thoughts and opinions. Not saying you are but you can't be too sensitive when some disagree with your opinion.
One of the things I`ve noticed ( and like ) about the folks on TF is that for the most part, in disagreements, we don`t get " personal ". I think one reason for that is that the regular posters " know " each other. Another is that I think that this board is well moderated. Now, I`m speaking about the football and recruiting boards since those are the ones I frequent most.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
One of the things I`ve noticed ( and like ) about the folks on TF is that for the most part, in disagreements, we don`t get " personal ". I think one reason for that is that the regular posters " know " each other. Another is that I think that this board is well moderated. Now, I`m speaking about the football and recruiting boards since those are the ones I frequent most.
Not only that..but some of our best posters are from rival schools like B1G, Baz and AUDub, tOSU...all great folks despite their poor choices... :ROFLMAO:

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Serious question....how much will Notre Dame compromise normal academic standards for football players? They will some (everybody does), but how much?

I agree that they use TEs better than about anybody else. But if he’s having trouble with the books in Baton Rouge and Gainesville, would he have even the remotest chance in South Bend?

Reactions: The Ols

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Serious question....how much will Notre Dame compromise normal academic standards for football players? They will some (everybody does), but how much?

I agree that they use TEs better than about anybody else. But if he’s having trouble with the books in Baton Rouge and Gainesville, would he have even the remotest chance in South Bend?
If academics is the problem, he can forget ND. But that is just a rumor.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Hearing Gilbert has work to clean up in the classroom. Might be headed to JUCO or an FCS school if he can't get that in order. Plus also hearing that there are other off the field issues.
Like primaddona syndrome. When you leave a school after 1 semester you can get behind on academics in a hurry if you are not careful and he probably stopped going to class when he decided to transfer during the middle of the season. He is too good of a talent so hoping he gets his act together.

Reactions: CB4

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Like primaddona syndrome. When you leave a school after 1 semester you can get behind on academics in a hurry if you are not careful and he probably stopped going to class when he decided to transfer during the middle of the season. He is too good of a talent so hoping he gets his act together.
Agree with you on his talent and for the kid’s sake I hope it is only a “prima donna” attitude and not other issues. A good coach can get Arik to “see past his own nose” if that is truly the issue. Other off field issues can be more difficult overcome.

Reactions: TiderJack

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.