Recruits that You Coveted More Than Others

MemphisBamaDude

1st Team
Nov 12, 2008
Memphis, TN
For us recruiting junkies, there seems to be certain recruits that we take a liking to more than others. Some of these, we land. Others, not so much. Since Saban has come, the former has been more prevalent than the latter. But there are still some recruits we miss out on. So, which recruit that we've missed on during the Saban era has hurt you the most? For me personally, it was Keenan Allen. I really liked him coming out of high school and thought we had a great chance. Then that drama with his brother ensued. He went on to have a useful college career and a pretty decent pro career. Demetrius Robertson was similar but I don't think he's done nearly as much. What say ye?

Reactions: AlexanderFan

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
For us recruiting junkies, there seems to be certain recruits that we take a liking to more than others. Some of these, we land. Others, not so much. Since Saban has come, the former has been more prevalent than the latter. But there are still some recruits we miss out on. So, which recruit that we've missed on during the Saban era has hurt you the most? For me personally, it was Keenan Allen. I really liked him coming out of high school and thought we had a great chance. Then that drama with his brother ensued. He went on to have a useful college career and a pretty decent pro career. Demetrius Robertson was similar but I don't think he's done nearly as much. What say ye?
Those are two good ones you referenced. I think OT Trey Smith at UT, LB Devin White at LSWho, LB Kwon Alexander at LSWho to name a few.

BJ4TIDE

All-SEC
Aug 11, 2007
For me it was OJ Howard. I believed he would bring a dimension to our offense that was missing. We got flashes of it, such as the NC win against Clemson, but I felt like he was underutilized.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I've got to go with Keenan Allen and also Demetrius Robertson. We know that Allen wanted to bring his brother in a package. If I remember correctly we were recruiting Allen as a safety.
Demetrius wanted to go to Stanford but I think his grades weren't good enough. I also think he wanted to leave home(GA) to play ball on the west coast.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
For me it was OJ Howard. I believed he would bring a dimension to our offense that was missing. We got flashes of it, such as the NC win against Clemson, but I felt like he was underutilized.
The OP was asking for ones that went somewhere other than Bama.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The OP was asking for ones that went somewhere other than Bama.
I twisted it to an OSU point of view, so picked Henry. From an Alabama point of view - Tunsil and/or Robert Nkendiche. With one or both, Alabama probably wins at least one more championship, and Alabama would have landed both if not for the $$$.

Reactions: Windsortide

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
I watched that ESPN game his HS team played against Hoover. Middle of the afternoon in August, absolute stifling heat, and he did everything. He played QB, S, kicked off, returned a punt for a TD if memory serves, and wore Bama gloves.
Tony Conner for me. Dude could flat out ball and he showed it at Ole Miss.

peariver

1st Team
Jan 31, 2009
SW Georgia
Robert Nkendiche

and some others who went to Ole Miss that year ultimately beat us twice during the regular season. Although we may have dodged a bullet with those guys and their character issues which may have cost us more games than just the two to Ole Miss.

Reactions: Windsortide

TUSCALOOSAHONOR

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2014
Slocomb, Al
www.facebook.com
Robert Nkendiche

and some others who went to Ole Miss that year ultimately beat us twice during the regular season. Although we may have dodged a bullet with those guys and their character issues which may have cost us more games than just the two to Ole Miss.
May be more of what their coach let them get away with and a unstructured environment than character issues.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
The Hulk (he was from Texas and I think his name was Benito Jones). The kid was a beast. I think grades were his demise.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.