Reports: Bama/Texas To Be an 11:00AM Kickoff

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Four all beef patties, 6 feet under: the McCPR
Makes no difference to me. We'll either blow them out while their players are melting on the field during the day, or we'll blow them out while their players are melting on the field at night.

For those of you actually attending that game, well, I would feel for you whether it was 105 or 72 and breezy. I mean, come on. You're going to be surrounded by Texas fans.
Those of you heading to Hell after you die, this is a preview.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
BTW, there is no such thing as "dry heat." Heat is heat...wet or dry makes no difference.
I completely disagree after living through both. Yes both are hot, but one is far more miserable than the other. I can tell you for a fact that the most miserable I have ever been is in the Southeast and Jersey in the summer at 80-90 degrees. I’ve been in Texas and in the desert of Nevada in 100 degree heat in combat gear and not felt near as miserable. Humidity is like adding windchill to the equation in cold areas. It makes the actual temperature number irrelevant.

Yes it’s going to be hot, but playing a game at 11am in Tuscaloosa is far more miserable in September than it is playing one in Austin.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
I completely disagree after living through both. Yes both are hot, but one is far more miserable than the other. I can tell you for a fact that the most miserable I have ever been is in the Southeast and Jersey in the summer at 80-90 degrees. I’ve been in Texas and in the desert of Nevada in 100 degree heat in combat gear and not felt near as miserable. Humidity is like adding windchill to the equation in cold areas. It makes the actual temperature number irrelevant.

Yes it’s going to be hot, but playing a game at 11am in Tuscaloosa is far more miserable in September than it is playing one in Austin.
Having lived in both (Alabama and Texas), I agree. You can be in the shade with a breeze in 100 degree dry heat and it’s tolerable. When it’s 90 degrees with high humidity, you can’t escape it. Your sweat clings to you like cling wrap and you feel like your suffocating. The only comparable thing is both environments turn your car into an oven. I hate getting into a hot car!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - Bryce Young NIL Jersey

Your purchase through our TideFans.shop links helps support the site! Thanks!