Reports: Bama/Texas To Be an 11:00AM Kickoff

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
It's out there on Texas message boards. Evidently Fox will exercise their rights and opt to televise the game with an 11:00AM kickoff. Who do y'all think this benefits the most? 11:00am that time of year in Austin can be brutally hot.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
It's out there on Texas message boards. Evidently Fox will exercise their rights and opt to televise the game with an 11:00AM kickoff. Who do y'all think this benefits the most? 11:00am that time of year in Austin can be brutally hot.
They get their ass beat at 11Am all the time. Alabama humidity is far more intolerable than Texas heat.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
And yes expect it to be so if the leaks are true. These idiots put Oklahoma and Nebraska at 11am in week 3. But the crazy thing is that the biggest game besides us and Texas that week is Pitt vs Tennessee. So they could’ve had crazy numbers for a night game.

But this would be to get back at Texas like this year and last year is to get back at Oklahoma during the Nebraska series.

Last edited:
Reactions: selmaborntidefan

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
No worse than 1100 in Tuscaloosa.
I get your point, except it could be 105-110 there. Hardly ever gets that hot in Alabama. Having lived there the last seven years, I will say when it gets that hot it is a dryer heat, but on the field it'll probably be 120 and hot is just hot. Hottest I remember was a few years ago and it got up to 112 the second week in October.

• Thank You
Reactions: Bazza and UAH

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
I get your point, except it could be 105-110 there. Hardly ever gets that hot in Alabama. Having lived there the last seven years, I will say when it gets that hot it is a dryer heat, but on the field it'll probably be 120 and hot is just hot. Hottest I remember was a few years ago and it got up to 112 the second week in October.
At least sweating has an effect aside from dehydrating you in a dry heat like that.

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
The
The average high for Austin September 10 is 91°. The hottest part of the day is from 12:45 pm to 7 pm.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
The people selling the bottled water will be the biggest winner.

• Haha
Reactions: Bazza and bamaga

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
The

The average high for Austin September 10 is 91°. The hottest part of the day is from 12:45 pm to 7 pm.
Not disputing what you might have found on the interwebs, but that "average high" is comical. Basically, early September in Texas is no different than July/August weather.

I'll put it his way, only way it's 91 on Sept. 10 in Austin is if Texas gets a rare, early cold front from the NW that sweeps thru.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
Disappointed to hear FOX has the rights to this game because in addition to the obvious pro-Texas crowd we'll also have to put up with a pro-Texas broadcast booth.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Those of you saying it’s no different than Tuscaloosa have clearly not experienced it. Look, it won’t hurt the players with our conditioning. But those of you citing dry stats from online are looking at measured temperature, not how hot it is on the field or IN A CROWD of people. The stadium seats 100K and there will probably be the 5K or so who bribe a cop to let them in (don’t pretend this doesn’t happen). My Longhorn bud and I have been talking since this was signed about going together but this will knock me out. I’ve been susceptible to heat stroke/exhaustion and wound up in an infirmary or hospital more than once, and he (who has never lived outside the state) said he was at the Baylor game a few years back on October 13 at 230pm and thought he was gonna die right there.

It’s rumor at this point from the same people sure Saban was coming. However, Fox gets first choice this year, and I seriously doubt there’s another game with this cache given we’ve never played at either home, it’s always been bowls plus the ex-OC back story and us destroying their program on “The Alabama Revenge on Everyone We’ve Ever Lost To” crusade.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
Those of you saying it’s no different than Tuscaloosa have clearly not experienced it. Look, it won’t hurt the players with our conditioning. But those of you citing dry stats from online are looking at measured temperature, not how hot it is on the field or IN A CROWD of people. The stadium seats 100K and there will probably be the 5K or so who bribe a cop to let them in (don’t pretend this doesn’t happen). My Longhorn bud and I have been talking since this was signed about going together but this will knock me out. I’ve been susceptible to heat stroke/exhaustion and wound up in an infirmary or hospital more than once, and he (who has never lived outside the state) said he was at the Baylor game a few years back on October 13 at 230pm and thought he was gonna die right there.

It’s rumor at this point from the same people sure Saban was coming. However, Fox gets first choice this year, and I seriously doubt there’s another game with this cache given we’ve never played at either home, it’s always been bowls plus the ex-OC back story and us destroying their program on “The Alabama Revenge on Everyone We’ve Ever Lost To” crusade.
Like everyone else I hate 11:00 starts but have a question on whether it would be as hot or hotter in the 3:00 to 5:00 time frame. The obvious solution is to play it at night but within the powers that be who really cares about players health.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.