BREAKING Reports: Kiffin to Auburn; ... Black Bears deny; ... Auburn: Who? Us? … Kiffin: No Thank You ... (Some) AU Folks: Slow your roll ... Freeze: I accept

thunderz7

1st Team
Nov 6, 2001
northeast alabama usa
Mid-week of his preparation for LSU, Kiffin took a trip to Lincoln to talk to Nebraska. He returned to lose to LSU, managed to squeak by pathetic Jimbo aTm, lost to Bama, then lost to Arkansas. It appears to me he has quit on his Ole Miss players, he will quit on the Dysfunctional AuRburn FamBly too when it suits him to do so. One to less than 4 years have been his stays as a coach.

Tidelines

All-American
Oct 19, 2022
Mid-week of his preparation for LSU, Kiffin took a trip to Lincoln to talk to Nebraska. He returned to lose to LSU, managed to squeak by pathetic Jimbo aTm, lost to Bama, then lost to Arkansas. It appears to me he has quit on his Ole Miss players, he will quit on the Dysfunctional AuRburn FamBly too when it suits him to do so. One to less than 4 years have been his stays as a coach.
Sounds like what they said about Saban.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
So…a sports guy in STARKVILLE with no sources at all says THREE DAYS before the Egg Bowl that the Ole Miss coach is leaving after the game and arriving BEFORE the Iron Bowl on Saturday to a school where a popular former player hopes to upset his chief rival in what could possibly be a job audition for him.

This fails the sniff test on multiple levels. I’m not saying it doesn’t eventually happen, it could. But this sounds more like a local reporter hoping to disrupt Ole Miss game prep and to be part of the discussions in future years (“Hey, remember when you planted that story their coach was leaving, we beat them and that turned out to be a lie? Not only did we win but we got to watch their fan base lose it. Great times!”).
How do you know he has no sources? This same guy broke the Cohen hire so his source could be pretty close to Cohen. I don’t understand why people are having a hard time believing this. From the start Kiffin has been at the top of AUs list and Kiffin has never had a problem fleeing a town for a different team.

Reactions: NoNC4Tubs

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
I for one wish he would go back to the NFL and get out of college football. The only thing he is good for as a HC is drama and social media tweets, maybe thats what the new generation wants out of college ball, I for one do not.

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
IDK what Lane (or Auburn) plans to do, but he would likely turn Auburn into a significant threat to Alabama were he to take the job.
He would indeed. With Saban getting closer and closer to an inevitable retirement, Kiffin to Auburn would be great timing for them......if Kiffin stayed longer than 4 or 5 years.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
He would indeed. With Saban getting closer and closer to an inevitable retirement, Kiffin to Auburn would be great timing for them......if Kiffin stayed longer than 4 or 5 years.
I think he would put immediate pressure on us both in terms of recruiting and on-field competition. And it would likely close the door on any chance of him ever coming back to Bama. If he's successful, he won't leave (unless it's for the NFL) and if he's unsuccessful he will lose his luster.

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
So; if this is true after Lane loses to State, Auburn will be hiring an 8-4 coach who lost 4 of his last 5 games. Sound familiar? His average tenure as a head coach is less than 2 years. And; make him one of , if not the, highest paid coaches in college football.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
So…a sports guy in STARKVILLE with no sources at all says THREE DAYS before the Egg Bowl that the Ole Miss coach is leaving after the game and arriving BEFORE the Iron Bowl on Saturday to a school where a popular former player hopes to upset his chief rival in what could possibly be a job audition for him.
Considering the same guy broke the Cohen to AU story, it might have legs. He supposedly knows Cohen pretty well, so yeah, there's a chance.

I still cannot see Kiffin going to AU, but even one of my OM insider buddies says he thinks LK is gone, so we're def in wait and see mode.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Considering the same guy broke the Cohen to AU story, it might have legs. He supposedly knows Cohen pretty well, so yeah, there's a chance.

I still cannot see Kiffin going to AU, but even one of my OM insider buddies says he thinks LK is gone, so we're def in wait and see mode.
Again, I'm not denying it might happen.

But as a reminder - the guy here in Ft Worth who broke the "Saban is definitely coming to Texas" story at the time that seemed it was going to happen had been right about everything...until then.

I'm not saying Kiffin doesn't go to Auburn; I'm saying I find the idea of "he goes Friday before the Iron Bowl on Saturday" is specious.

Reactions: Islander

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
Again, I'm not denying it might happen.

But as a reminder - the guy here in Ft Worth who broke the "Saban is definitely coming to Texas" story at the time that seemed it was going to happen had been right about everything...until then.

I'm not saying Kiffin doesn't go to Auburn; I'm saying I find the idea of "he goes Friday before the Iron Bowl on Saturday" is specious.
mike-myers-that-is-weird.gif

bamadwain

All-American
Oct 8, 2018
Jackson Tn
If Lane takes the job it probably won't be announced until after the iron bowl Saturday evening I don't believe as low down as they are they would do Cadillac that way, and as far as Lane ever coming back to Bama not as long as Greg Byrne is here it won't happen

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.