BREAKING Reports: Kiffin to Auburn; ... Black Bears deny; ... Auburn: Who? Us? … Kiffin: No Thank You ... (Some) AU Folks: Slow your roll ... Freeze: I accept

Tidelines

All-American
Oct 19, 2022
Honestly I look at the 2015 and 16 games as the gods giving both sides a win that they really shouldn’t have. We had no business winning the 2016 game but had some bizarre circumstances that got us the W. They were not near as bizarre as 2015 but it was definitely a weird win with how we were teetering at getting ran out of the stadium.
I think they were called in game adjustments or something like that. I haven’t seen one lately to remember.

Reactions: UAllday and B1GTide

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I think they were called in game adjustments or something like that. I haven’t seen one lately to remember.
We gave up 522 yards that day but still won. It’s probably one of Pruitt’s worst days. We really won that game because of some spectacular nonsense. Hugh let us back into the game late in the 2nd quarter with dumb coaching that let Eddie Jackson field a ball, we had a scoop and score, and then we had a crazy scoop and score from our 20 that we ran back all the way with a DL. Then we won 3 straight replays when they were on our goaline. It was a pretty crazy game.

Last edited:

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
In game adjustments. Hmmmmmm. That reminds me of an in game adjustment by Alabama's DC. He put 12 defenders on the field after a timeout! That's something that a DA would do and I'm not referring to a District Attorney.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
That's literally it.

Everyone in the room knows this yet abruun continues to act like little brother. It's weird, they really could try to build their own legacy, but instead everything they do revolves around Bama.
I don't think it is possible.

I thought Texas 5&7 was going to be a shining example of how a "little brother" school could get out from under the shadow of big brother, and go on to thrive building its own separate identity. But their behavior has proven that to be a foolish pipe dream.

It is woven into their very DNA.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
So in the Auburn Fambly, are they going to refer to him as Uncle Hugh? There is probably a new Ray Stevens song here...

Reactions: dtgreg

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Look, if you want to live your life suggesting anything short of perfection means failure, then there's no point in continuing this particular discussion.

If you're suggesting Saban is on the same moral playing field as Freeze, then again, there's no point in continuing this particular discussion.

If you're suggesting Saban is calling multiple prostitutes, asking 8th grade girls to change clothes in front of him, or cheating to the point where the NCAA will hammer Bama, then I'd say it's time to put up or shut up.

Otherwise, you're just rationalizing Huge Sleaze's behavior to make yourself feel better. Even many abruun fans hate the hire because they understand that the comparison is apples to cannonballs.
I am saying simply that College Football coaches lie. Ad's lie. I did NOT say all coaches and AD's are the same. I stand by my statement that each INSTITUTION of HIGHER learning makes a mockery of their University's code of honor. I did not say I was looking for perfection. I am looking for consistency. How many times do we have to hear the coaches say "I could not say I was leaving until the season was over because it would have hurt the team. Convenient reason to lie. AD's say we will wait till the season is over and evaluate everything -- when everyone knows the HC is a walking dead man. The excuse is it would hurt recruiting to be honest. May be I expect too much out of those who claim to be training our leaders of tomorrow.

Reactions: dtgreg

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.