Rioting at Charlottsville Va (UVA) by white nationalists and counter protesters

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
PSA: when the white supremacists are applauding you, it might be time to re-examine your position.

The founder of Daily Stormer, an American neo-Nazi and white supremacist site which considers itself to be part of the alt-right movement, hailed the fact President Trump “outright refused to disavow” the gathering of white supremacists.

“People saying he cucked are shills and kikes,” said its editor Andrew Anglin. “He did the opposite of cuck. He refused to even mention anything to do with us. When reporters were screaming at him about White Nationalism he just walked out of the room.”

“There was virtually no counter-signaling of us at all,” the Trump supporter continued. “He said he loves us all. Also refused to answer a question about white nationalists supporting him. No condemnation at all. When asked to condemn, he just walked out of the room. Really, really good. God bless him.”
LINK

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
PSA: when the white supremacists are applauding you, it might be time to re-examine your position.

LINK
The Republicans in general have been very strong in their condemnation, which is refreshing, but this was a real moment that Trump could have firmly drew a line in the sand to stand in opposition of the racist xenophobes that he's criticized for giving new rise to, and he chose to "play the fence" (many sides!). History should remember that.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Hmmm...I need to go read Trump's statement to see what all the panty-twisting is about. Let's see, he condemns hate, bigotry, and violence. Those look like pretty good things to condemn. Plus, he throws in a little support for unity. Shame on Trump I guess.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog...ty_to_tie_him_to_white_racists_and_nazis.html

Certainly, in the eyes of the mainstream media, Rick is correct. They have been attempting to portray Trump as a Nazi, which is so deranged that anyone making the comparison is clearly a nut. Nazis do not marry off their favorite daughter to an orthodox Jew, watch her convert, and produce Jewish grandchildren.
The media campaign to require Trump to blame one side more than the other is an attempt to enforce two pillars of the orthodoxy of American victimology:

1. In any conflict, the position taken by any African-American group or “leader” (even Black Lives Matter – “pigs in a blanket – fry ‘em like bacon” -- whose banners were visible yesterday in Charlottesville) is by definition morally superior to their critics.
  2. Words that any member of a victim class object to are sufficient provocation to violence, because words are themselves violence.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
This guy probably attended with bad intentions as well (who brings a can of spray paint to a protest? Unless maybe he thought a spontaneous street art exhibit was going to break out).
Hmmm...I need to go read Trump's statement to see what all the panty-twisting is about. Let's see, he condemns hate, bigotry, and violence. Those look like pretty good things to condemn. Plus, he throws in a little support for unity. Shame on Trump I guess.
I understand your point. But I think it's more than a little misleading when folks fall back to the "both sides did it argument" when the initial violence, the majority of violence, and the most serious act of violence all came from one side.

Regarding Trump's weak response in particular, it's important to keep things in context. During the campaign, he danced for weeks to avoid disavowing the support of a former KKK grand wizard, despite knowing exactly who he was and what he represented. He's made no comment on the dramatic increase in white nationalist violence on his watch. He said absolutely nothing when a mosque was bombed in Minnesota, and his advisers even claimed that it was very likely a false flag event perpetrated by liberals to negatively influence the public's perception of far right extremists. He ignored the xenophobic murders in Portland and Kansas for days before issuing a vapid tweet in response that again sidestepped the bigotry underlying both attacks and stoked by his campaign rhetoric. And now Trump fronts a misleading narrative that implies both groups of protesters in Charlottesville were equally to blame for the violence while again refusing to condemn his white supremacist supporters. When directly asked, he even refused label the act of speeding a car into a group of peaceful protesters as an act of terrorism. This is not defensible.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
I understand your point. But I think it's more than a little misleading when folks fall back to the "both sides did it argument" when the initial violence, the majority of violence, and the most serious act of violence all came from one side.

Regarding Trump's weak response in particular, it's important to keep things in context. During the campaign, he danced for weeks to avoid disavowing the support of a former KKK grand wizard, despite knowing exactly who he was and what he represented. He's made no comment on the dramatic increase in white nationalist violence on his watch. He said absolutely nothing when a mosque was bombed in Minnesota, and his advisers even claimed that it was very likely a false flag event perpetrated by liberals to negatively influence the public's perception of far right extremists. He ignored the xenophobic murders in Portland and Kansas for days before issuing a vapid tweet in response that again sidestepped the bigotry underlying both attacks and stoked by his campaign rhetoric. And now Trump fronts a misleading narrative that implies both groups of protesters in Charlottesville were equally to blame for the violence while again refusing to condemn his white supremacist supporters. When directly asked, he even refused label the act of speeding a car into a group of peaceful protesters as an act of terrorism. This is not defensible.
I need a few more facts before throwing the terrorism word around.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
The spray paint was for his art......he's just a talented youth with no canvas for his masterpiece. He was painting "Peace and Love" on the steps -- and this floating torso with black boots (swinging a colorful stick) interrupted him.
Looks like he was either painting backward or was finished before this happened. Look at the pic again.

ETA: Looks like someone got peace as well.

Last edited:

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
This guy probably attended with bad intentions as well (who brings a can of spray paint to a protest? Unless maybe he thought a spontaneous street art exhibit was going to break out).
Is that considered terrorism?

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
I need a few more facts before throwing the terrorism word around.
Was the attack in France on Bastille Day considered terrorism? Was it terrorism when a truck plowed into a Berlin Christmas Market last year? Or when a vehicle mowed down pedestrians on the Westminster bridge two months ago? I'm not really seeing the nuance you want clarified here.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Was the attack in France on Bastille Day considered terrorism? Was it terrorism when a truck plowed into a Berlin Christmas Market last year? Or when a vehicle mowed down pedestrians on the Westminster bridge two months ago? I'm not really seeing the nuance you want clarified here.
You should know better. You have to be Muslim to be a terrorist. This was just your normal every day running a car through a crowd of protestors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.