Rod Bramblett and Wife in Serious Car Accident; Wife Passes Away (Update: Both Pass Away)

NationalTitles17

Super Moderator
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
I would question the veracity of the friend's report. Plenty of places to do that research beyond what one person claims. Before we go too far down that rabbit hole come join the discussion(s) on that and similar topics in non-sports.

CrimsonNagus

All-American
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
There are 20+ year olds that don't understand that is bad. It is not just limited to 16 year olds.
Of course, and we wouldn’t think twice about holding a 20+ year old responsible for this so why excuse a 16 year old. I’m sorry but, 91 in a 55 is not a little teenage mistake. This isn’t fighting at school, underage drinking, or whatever stupid things teens do. This is 91 in a 55! 91 is freaking fast on an interstate, it’s unconscionable in a 55 zone.

I just don’t believe that age should allow someone to not face the consequences. I’m not saying he needs 10 years, that’s ridiculous. 1 to 2 years, in juvenile, is appropriate IMO. Maybe even 6 months with another 1 1/2 of community service/probation with a suspended license for that time period as well. There’s got to be some consequences IMO.

NationalTitles17

Super Moderator
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Of course, and we wouldn’t think twice about holding a 20+ year old responsible for this so why excuse a 16 year old. I’m sorry but, 91 in a 55 is not a little teenage mistake. This isn’t fighting at school, underage drinking, or whatever stupid things teens do. This is 91 in a 55! 91 is freaking fast on an interstate, it’s unconscionable in a 55 zone.

I just don’t believe that age should allow someone to not face the consequences. I’m not saying he needs 10 years, that’s ridiculous. 1 to 2 years, in juvenile, is appropriate IMO. Maybe even 6 months with another 1 1/2 of community service/probation with a suspended license for that time period as well. There’s got to be some consequences IMO.
I agree that there need to be some consequences, but age does matter or else we would electrocute five year olds. Just like a brain at five years is not fully developed the 16 year old brain has not reached maturity. I really don't think anyone is excusing the 16 year old, but the truth is that we don't know much of what happened other than his car was traveling very fast, cannabis was in his system (how much and from how long ago is not known), two people are dead, and he lived. Did he do it on purpose? We don't know. Did he fall asleep? We don't know. Was he high? We don't know. Was he being a stupid kid driving fast and lose control? We don't know. In my thinking we should know more prior to demanding an eye or tooth.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I think this was a tragic accident. which left 2 young relatively children without parents. With that said, I do believe the kid needs counseling with possible a short juvenile detention sentence , but again, I don't think jail or prison time is the answer. If we jail every kid who does something stupid with a car, there won't be any teenagers left to fill our schools. My question this "If this was not a famous couple, what would the punishment be"? I have to wonder if there would even be any charges if the accident victims happened to be a non well known family and the accident happened in Cullman county.
I think a possible lawsuit would happen in any situation where an attorney thinks he/she can get some money. The fact that the people who were killed were well known just helps the attorney keep it in the public eye. Poor, unknown people can call Alex Shunarra, too. It was a tragic accident, and I hope the young children are able to persevere.