Roster Management for 24-25

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Since we are losing two if not all three bigs plus Walters I would think we would take both. Sherril is young and will be a good big but don't want to go in the year with only two bigs. If Nelson comes back we could go with four bigs.
It looks like we are taking at least 2 bigs this class ... it would be great if Sherrell pans out his freshman year but realistically we need proven play AND depth at the 5 position. We will be in the biz of making it to the final four here on out so we have to focus on getting the talent each year to make these runs.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I think CNO has been here long enough and shown great results so that I trust (as I did with Coach Saban) his recruiting choices. We just are getting better every year. Roll Tide.
Right, he's earned our trust.

This situation with Holloway fits here. I don't know why he struggled at Auburn. Everything he had done before his freshman year in HS and on organized teams with outstanding talent indicated he would excel at the college level. It seems it's more of a head/confidence thing.

So I believe CNO believes he can bring out the best of him or else I don't think he brings him in.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Right, he's earned our trust.

This situation with Holloway fits here. I don't know why he struggled at Auburn. Everything he had done before his freshman year in HS and on organized teams with outstanding talent indicated he would excel at the college level. It seems it's more of a head/confidence thing.

So I believe CNO believes he can bring out the best of him or else I don't think he brings him in.
Alabama will also be his 5th school in 5 years so it’s almost certainly mental.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
His departing comments criticizing Pearl lacked any acknowledgement that he'd suddenly forgotten how to shoot. Here's hoping the free-flowing nature of our offense gets him out of his head and back to his instincts.

Bpilktree

1st Team
Jan 7, 2019
I am not sure him leaving schools in high school is a big deal. He was a 5”7 guard as a freshman in high school here in Charlotte He was 5”9 his sophomore year at a very small private school which played little to no competition for him and he dominated. He was looked at by a few other the bigger prep schools but his size and lack of competition kept many away. He went to a decent prep school to prove himself and also grew 3-4 more inches which brought the upper level schools into him. Which he chose Profelic prep out of Napa. High school sports is basically minor league baseball for many players especially those that have not hit there growth spurt like he did. Lots of them go to 2 or more high schools and prep schools. Especially if you’re going to private and prep schools and don’t have a great public school in your district.
I went to 2 high schools public school freshman year, recruited to private catholic school sophmore and junior year and had 3rd trying to get me to transfer my senior year. This was way before the prep schools even were into the game.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
Bama 2024-25 roster as of 4/24/24
1Latrell Wrightsell Jr.Guardreturning
2Mouhamed DioubateForwardreturning
3Jarin StevensonForwardreturning
4Derrion ReidForwardrecruit
5Aiden SherrellForwardrecruit
6Naas CunninghamForwardrecruit
7Houston MalletteGuardtransfer
8Chris YoungbloodGuardtransfer
9Aden HollowayGuardtransfer
10Open scholarship
11Open scholarship
12Open scholarship
13Open scholarship

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
10Open scholarship
11Open scholarship
12Open scholarship
13Open scholarship
Sears, Nelson, and two 7’ shot blockers with 50” verticals and 25’ range?

CrimsonTitles

1st Team
Mar 30, 2015
Why are we still going after guards? In general, I've felt pretty confident about Sears coming back, but this is making me rethink that

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
10Open scholarship
11Open scholarship
12Open scholarship
13Open scholarship
Two open scholarships. Sear and Nelson are technically on the roster as of right now, To make room for Labaron and two bigs... One has to leave team. Dioubate would be a candidate.

If sears doesn't come back then this make sense.

Reactions: CrimsonTitles

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Why are we still going after guards? In general, I've felt pretty confident about Sears coming back, but this is making me rethink that
Positionless basketball but most of the G's don't translate to the 3 and 4 with their height. Our best line-up this year was with three guards.....

Reactions: Con

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
If my question has already been talked about I apologize. What about the scholarship offered to Kai Spears? Is it taken or open? Aside from that I am very excited about this roster and what could be added to it.
He was given one during the spring semester since there was an open scholarship. I fully expect he will not be on scholarship in the fall.

CrimsonTitles

1st Team
Mar 30, 2015
Positionless basketball but most of the G's don't translate to the 3 and 4 with their height. Our best line-up this year was with three guards.....
That would still be 6 guards to keep happy. Youngblood is technically a 3, but as you said, he's a little short

Latest threads