Roster Management

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I'm going to go ahead and call this a beast of a squad!

We literally have a team with a ton of potential talent AND potential depth. It takes some programs years to be in this position.
I agree. I think we finally have a coach who can take us where we want to go, but Covid-19 is probably going to screw everything up this year. Hopefully, we'll have a better idea of how the season will play out by the time October rolls around.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I agree. I think we finally have a coach who can take us where we want to go, but Covid-19 is probably going to screw everything up this year. Hopefully, we'll have a better idea of how the season will play out by the time October rolls around.
I feel you, I just wanna see these guys on the court. Thinking they can do some amazing things this season. Especially if they all buy in and gel.

Reactions: seebell

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
The roster is very close to being finalized. I'll leave all 14 names on there but my guess is that Petty will not return. I believe the last update that I heard was that he was not on campus with the rest of the players but that was a few weeks ago and it could have changed by now.
  1. F - Alex Reese (Sr)
  2. F - Herb Jones (Sr)
  3. G/F - John Petty (Sr) (Declared for the draft and although it is not certain, seems to be expected that he will not return)
  4. F - James Rojas (RJr - DNP)
  5. PG - Jahvon Quinerly (RSo - DNP)
  6. SG - Jaden Shackelford (So)
  7. F/C - Javian Davis (RSo)
  8. F - Juwan Gary (RFr - DNP)
  9. G/F Keon Ambrose (Fr)
  10. PG Josh Primo (Fr)
  11. CG Keon Ellis (Jr) (JUCO transfer)
  12. SF Darius Miles (Fr)
  13. F/C Jordan Bruner (Sr) (Grad transfer from Yale)
  14. F/C Alex Tchikou (Fr)
Who's on campus now? :unsure:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Did you mean that to be in blue? He just signed. Give the man some time to move and enroll in classes.

No, I didn't know if that was who he meant.

So everyone except Frenchie and Petty. Cool! :cool:

Another dumb question: Will Frenchie be on campus this season or next? :unsure:

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
No, I didn't know if that was who he meant.

So everyone except Frenchie and Petty. Cool! :cool:

Another dumb question: Will Frenchie be on campus this season or next? :unsure:
Check out the recruiting thread. Also note that he's listed for the upcoming roster in the posts you've been replying to.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Wow. Between the two, I would have thought Reece. Good luck wherever you land, Javian!
Meeeeeeee toooo ...

Was looking forward to see how he would grow and contribute this season. Nothing but success to the young man though. He came in last season, worked hard and did everything he could to be a team player. Cant be mad at that at all.

Reactions: seebell and Marg

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
(y) If you can only play with your back to the basket on offense, this isn't the place.
:cool::cool::cool: he made at least one 3 last season ... or I think he did ...

But in all seriousness, that's going to be the trend going forward. Almost all of the incoming players look just alike skillset wise, regardless of height/size. All can shoot and attack the rim.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
According to his tweet, Javian is leaving open the option of returning to Bama. I assume that is dependent on whether or not Petty stays or goes.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
According to his tweet, Javian is leaving open the option of returning to Bama. I assume that is dependent on whether or not Petty stays or goes.
That’s how I took his tweet too, which then sounds like he is being forced out instead of just looking at the roster and realizing playing time will be rare.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Javian announced his Top 6 possibles for a new school: Mississippi State, Western Kentucky, Xavier, Georgetown, Tulane and Wake Forest

EdDlrLZWoAIE7O_.jpg

• Thank You
Reactions: seebell

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.