Roster Management

Marg

1st Team
Mar 24, 2003
Somewhere, AL
Glad Davis found a landing spot. He should be a good fit for them. Petty will have to announce something soon, either way. Isn't the deadline 8/3? Not sure how I feel about this right now. He adds a really good shooter to the lineup, but his comments lately make me wonder if he's already checked out from the program mentally. If he does come back, I hope he is focused on the team. He could really improve his draft status with another good year.

Reactions: seebell

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Glad Davis found a landing spot. He should be a good fit for them. Petty will have to announce something soon, either way. Isn't the deadline 8/3? Not sure how I feel about this right now. He adds a really good shooter to the lineup, but his comments lately make me wonder if he's already checked out from the program mentally. If he does come back, I hope he is focused on the team. He could really improve his draft status with another good year.
If he focuses on improving the things that are not connected to scoring, he will definitely grow his draft status. He cannot come in thinking that he has to put up the most points night in and night out to improve his draft stock. That will not be a formula that will work well with this team. The ideal focus for this system is for everyone to be able to take the best shot available.

If he comes back, he just needs to come in and work on his deficiencies from last season and also continue to be a team player. The more successful this team is in general will do more for his draft stock in the long run.

Reactions: seebell

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I didn't want to say anything .... spoke to someone and it was said that he was in t town already. That's why i said I think we will get news...

I think it's good that Petty was back in T town practicing with the team all week.
Yep, even though its a draft board from the Athletic and not the NBA, they having him at 85 is saying he needs to put in a little more work to be draft-ready. I think he was hoping to be around the 40s?

atlbama

2nd Team
Nov 18, 2005
Dunwoody, GA
Petty is back!

and

I guess the roster is now "managed". :)

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
We now have arguably the best roster in the SEC
if everyone buys in and plays to their potential, we easily could have the best roster in the SEC. I'm thinking top 3.

LSU got a bump with Trendon, Javonte Smart and Darius all returning. They just don't have real depth. We are in a unique situation to where we possibly could have tremendous depth. UK is always there but I'm not sure what the latest is with their roster.

Just an educated guess the top 5 SEC rosters will be (in no particular order) UK, Arky, LSU, the Barn and us.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
We now have arguably the best roster in the SEC
if everyone buys in and plays to their potential, we easily could have the best roster in the SEC. I'm thinking top 3. LSU got a bump with Trendon, Javonte Smart and Darius all returning. They just don't have real depth. UK is always there but I'm not sure what the latest is with their roster.

Again though, they have to put in the work and also buy in to what CNO is looking to accomplish. We've seen too many times before of programs having great talent and not meeting the same output. All I know is I really want this team to be the best they possibly can be. From what I've seen/heard thus far, they look like they want the same.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.