News Article: Roundtable hosts leaving JOX ...

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
In the mold of "I didn't see that coming" Ryan, Brown, Lance Taylor, Jim Dunaway and Sean Heninger are leaving JOX. It looks like they are going to do their own digital format show which makes sense. Good for them but hate to see them go, one of the reasons I would tune in to JOX from time to time.:

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
They’re starting a digital platform, just look on your phone for some sort of podcast app and you’ll find them.
If they can market it right, it will be a BIG win for them. They won't have a high overhead and any adverting revenue they bring it will go straight to them. Smart move on their side.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
So since WJOX looks to be going in the tank….how did it even come to be in the first place. I remember when it was AM only and Herb Winches and Ben (?) were the afternoon slot.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
I’ll gladly check out the podcast and add it to my list of podcast I listen too, unless they go the subscription route. I stopped listening to JOX over a year ago and moved to podcasts. Sports, video games and technology podcasts are what I listen too. I got tired of driving to work and hearing 10 minutes of commercials and 5 minutes of show on JOX. The podcasts I listen too are 95% show and I can skip over the few commercials.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I must be really easy to please. I liked all the shows being dissed. I have no idea how to do a pod cast so I will just get my news from TideFans, CBS and such as that. I have learned to live without cable. If i can't get it on antenna then I listen to Eli or keep up with it on the scoreboards that show play by play. Anyway, i will cope and get by without JOX if they go kaput.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
They’re starting a digital platform, just look on your phone for some sort of podcast app and you’ll find them.
I don't do podcasts. I'm just old school when I get in the car and listen to the radio. I have enjoyed their show and wish them well, but an old school guy like myself will simply find something else to fill my drive time. Thank you for the tip, though. I appreciate your effort to help.

Reactions: DrollTide

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch
I don't do podcasts. I'm just old school when I get in the car and listen to the radio. I have enjoyed their show and wish them well, but an old school guy like myself will simply find something else to fill my drive time. Thank you for the tip, though. I appreciate your effort to help.
Completely agree. In the car the choice is basically newstalk/politics or the sports channel, and these guys were entertaining and had good guests and calm voices. In podcasts there is an immense amount of competition, I am more likely to listen to, oh, Lex Fridman or something about SpaceX, or Rick Beato. They may find it is hard to change peoples' podcast habits.

Reactions: AlexanderFan

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Been a fan since the AM days on 690 for D & B and listened to Lance’s show when it was a only 12-1. They all seem to work together well. I’ll be a listener. They released on Twitter today it will be called “DBL Sports.”

BamaHoHo

All-American
Aug 7, 2007
Coaling, Alabama, United States
None of them are as bad as the Jay Barker Al Del Greco show was but yeah.
Jay has a show on Tide 100.9 at noon week days in Tuscaloosa. Its pretty good. Lars Anderson, Trent Richardson and Antino Langham are frequent quest. Overall I like it more WJOX. I would much rather listen to Ryan Flower than Fienbaum in the afternoon. Tide 100.9 Lineup. Martin Houstin and Wimp Sanderson also have shows.

Reactions: UAllday

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I don’t see how podcasts make money. The ads are simple to skip through. They do have listener support in the form of patreons but I’m not doing that.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Jay has a show on Tide 100.9 at noon week days in Tuscaloosa. Its pretty good. Lars Anderson, Trent Richardson and Antino Langham are frequent quest. Overall I like it more WJOX. I would much rather listen to Ryan Flower than Fienbaum in the afternoon. Tide 100.9 Lineup. Martin Houstin and Wimp Sanderson also have shows.
That sounds good. The combo of Jay, Al, and Toni was awful. Jay alone wasn't so bad.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
None of them are as bad as the Jay Barker Al Del Greco show was but yeah.
I was more of the opposite. Brown is probably the dumbest host on the air and Dunaway is too much a homer for me to listen to. Lance was a poor man’s Sheridan. Rock Star maybe the only one I actually could tolerate but he is on the wrong kind of show.

The opening drive was okay to me until they started letting the Domer dominate the show.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.