News Article: Rush Propst in trouble again

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Some people just can't help themselves and then some people just don't want to help themselves and some people are to stupid/ignorant to think they've done anything wrong.
Rush Propst is a lot of bad things, but stupid isn’t on the list.

I agree with previous posters that he’s a narcissistic sociopath. He knows perfectly well that his actions are wrong...he just doesn’t care, and none of that is ever going to change. It’s just who he is.

It’s a shame he’s such a despicable human being, because for all his faults, he really is a good coach.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Just read an interesting article on Rush Propst. Titled (Confessions of Rush Propst) by espn senior writer Wayne Drehs written August 29th 2013. It leaves out some of the gritty details but it does touch on some of the extramarital activities, conversation with Nick Saban enquiring about employment. Rush possibly had the position at BAMA till information was passed on to NICK who called back following up with certain personal questions. It's an interesting article and pretty much tells you everything you need to know about Rush's career.
I had friends with kids in the program at Hoover when Rush was there, several of them involved in the booster club.

I won’t go into specifics, but suffice it to say Rush did as he pleased, when he pleased with little or no oversight. Mingling of funds from various sources without any accounting was one big issue uncovered in the investigation. No telling where some funds went because of that lack oversight.

Last edited:

TIDETOWN

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 5, 2007
I had friends with kids in the program at Hoover when Rush was there, several of them involved in the booster club.

I won’t go into specifics, but suffice it to say Rush did as he pleased, when he pleased with little or no oversight. Mingling of funds from various sources without any accounting was one big issue uncovered in the investigation. No telling where some funds went because of that lack oversight.
Rush has been successful at every destination and where ever he is hired at, winning is the golden chalice and nothing else matters. He operates with very little to zero oversight and you can count on trouble following in his shadow.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ole Man Dan and CB4

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com

BamaSC

All-SEC
Oct 17, 1999
Chapin, SC
Article

This is what I was referring to in the original post. I heard a few weeks ago there were recordings of Rush claiming certain coaches were paying for players. I don’t think this falls into the rumor category anymore since it is now being widely reported that he was recorded accusing UGA and Bama of paying for players. The man has no credibility and so far everyone he’s pointing fingers at is denying it. Hopefully it’s much ado about nothing, but no program is really all that clean. Would rather not have the NCAA around again. They take too much pleasure in whipping up on us.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I was channel surfing yesterday afternoon (waiting on MLB Now to come on) and stopped on SEC Network's Finebaum show. If anyone has even an inch of respect for Paaaaawwwwl it should end after this.

He was discussing the Rush Propst story and admitted that much of Propst's problems have been self inflicted. But then PF goes off a cliff and claims there is also a component of Propst's problems that is nothing more than "trouble chasing after him", as if somehow a part of his issues are not his fault. Finebaum is a pure idiot, regardless whether he says things for entertainment purposes or not. I would have more self respect than to "play a character" of myself that isn't true.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
I was channel surfing yesterday afternoon (waiting on MLB Now to come on) and stopped on SEC Network's Finebaum show. If anyone has even an inch of respect for Paaaaawwwwl it should end after this.

He was discussing the Rush Propst story and admitted that much of Propst's problems have been self inflicted. But then PF goes off a cliff and claims there is also a component of Propst's problems that is nothing more than "trouble chasing after him", as if somehow a part of his issues are not his fault. Finebaum is a pure idiot, regardless whether he says things for entertainment purposes or not. I would have more self respect than to "play a character" of myself that isn't true.
Pawl has made a career out of generating controversy.......

Reactions: Bamabuzzard

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

Shows you exactly how much Finebaum really knows about Rush. Paul has been a Rush boot licker ever since he rolled into Hoover from Alma Bryant.

Makes you question Paul’s judgement when it comes to others when he “rides in to their defense”.

Reactions: Bamabuzzard

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Pawl has made a career out of generating controversy.......
I never knew who "F-Bomb" was until I joined Tidefans. Even years after I found out who/what he was I never tuned in to his radio show. I can't remember exactly when, but I did tune it for a while to just see what all the hoopla was over. After giving the show several weeks I realized it is the WWE of sports talk radio.

Last edited:
Reactions: UAllday

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I never knew who "F-Bomb" was until I joined Tidefans. Even for years after I found out who/what he was I never tuned in to his radio show. I can't remember exactly when, but I did tune it for a while to just see what all the hoopla was over. After giving the show several weeks I realized it is the WWE of sports talk radio.
He`s a professional media provocateur and an excellent one at that, IMO. His job and profession is to stir emotions which result in ratings. Anyone who truly gets upset with him, rather than just knowing it`s entertainment, doesn`t fully grasp that reality I think.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Rush Propst is no doubt technically an excellent football coach. It would appear that that`s where it ends. No way on God`s green earth would I want a son of mine to play for him.

Reactions: The Ols

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
He`s a professional media provocateur and an excellent one at that, IMO. His job and profession is to stir emotions which result in ratings. Anyone who truly gets upset with him, rather than just knowing it`s entertainment, doesn`t fully grasp that reality I think.
Sports-Entertainment has somewhat followed the Student-Athlete concept over the years. It's becoming more and more about entertainment, regardless of how silly and obviously manufactured it is, and less about the sports. I get there needs to be a balance to draw in and keep the masses. However, there comes a point where the entertainment part discredits and insults the sports part.

NOW GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!

:p :p:giggle::giggle:

Last edited:

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
The thing that should bother him the most is that guys that he coached with, against, and personal friends with, such as:
Gus
Jeremy
Bill Clark
Hugh Freeze
Chad Morris
are all now millionaires and he's sitting in South Georgia wondering what's next. If he'd only acted right he would have been right there with them. However, I'm sure some high powered high school will give him another chance.

Reactions: Rush

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Rush Propst is no doubt technically an excellent football coach. It would appear that that`s where it ends. No way on God`s green earth would I want a son of mine to play for him.
Ding, ding!!! A tiger does not change his stripes. Someone mentioned he is a sociopath and that is the perfect definition for this guy.

Reactions: CB4 and The Ols

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.