Ruth Bader Ginsburg has died - complications of cancer at 87

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I figured it was only a matter of time with her. She seemed to get worse and worse health wise. I thought she might hold on until January. I don't know how long the seat can remain vacant.

MobtownK

All-American
Nov 20, 2004
Mobile, Alabama, United States
I figured it was only a matter of time with her. She seemed to get worse and worse health wise. I thought she might hold on until January. I don't know how long the seat can remain vacant.
They'll schedule hearings before the ink is dry on her death cert.
Remember Garland? They argued that a seat shouldn't be decided in an election year. $10 says they'll argue the opposite next week.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Remember Garland? They argued that a seat shouldn't be decided in an election year. $10 says they'll argue the opposite next week.
The seat cannot remain open because we await an election. Let's just hope that the senate shows some judgment. We cannot count on Trump for that.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
It wouldn't shock me of there is already a nomination ready. They may be "respectful" and wait until tomorrow.

Reactions: MobtownK

MobtownK

All-American
Nov 20, 2004
Mobile, Alabama, United States

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The dems need to threaten here. "If you push a nominee through and we win the Senate, the legislative filibuster is gone. DC and Puerto Rico are states, guaranteeing 4 new Dem senators, and we will pack the hell out of the court."

The threat needs teeth.
I don't think that PR residents want to be a state.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.