Saban going scorch Earth good luck College football

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
This is at least the third time Saban has issued a warning to college football:
- “Basketball on grass.…Is this what we want football to be?” The CFB world answered, “Yes, because it’s the only way we can beat you.” Saban adapted both his offense and defense, and CFB still hasn’t recovered.

- Transfer portal. “The rich will get richer.” CFB, with an assist from an impotent NCAA ignored him. Now they’re howling about Alabama doing so well in the portal.

- Buying players. Others are doing it. We’re not. We’re still doing pretty well in recruiting. But he can see where that might not continue to be the case, and it’s all within the NCAA rules. So he’s saying he’ll adapt again, and you won’t like where this is going.

The most interesting thing to me is this sounds like Saban is taking the current combination of NIL and transfer portal as a personal challenge. Whereas I thought it might cause him to throw up his hands and walk away from the game, if last night’s rant — and despite the even tone of voice, there’s no other way to characterize it — is any indication, it’s actually energized him.

On so many fronts, he really is the GOAT. The only job I can see him leaving Tuscaloosa for is Commissioner of College Football.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
The Hastily called Jimbo fire breathing presser was comedy gold.

Mad Jimbo
Mad me after I watched that.

How does Jimbo know he hasn't broken the rules if he doesn't know anything about what happened except "they did it the right way."

I've never thought he was the sharpest tool in the shed, but now I just know he's a tool.

Reactions: dtgreg and The Ols

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
I hope you`re right but I`m not sure we`re in the same league as the Texas schools when it comes to this.
lol Saban is here right ? seriously with everything that has been done since 07 , I'm surprised that people still worry. Also so what you get talent you still have to develop them and hold them accountable. Jimbo bought his players at FSU too and that was a disaster.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

How does Jimbo know he hasn't broken the rules if he doesn't know anything about what happened except "they did it the right way."

I've never thought he was the sharpest tool in the shed, but now I just know he's a tool.
He's ignorant with a ginormous ego. Can't even keep his own Wife happy.

• Haha
Reactions: The Ols

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
Predictably non bama fans are calling nick a hypocrite and lol at such. They claim bama has been paying players for years and they use albert means as proof.

These people are allow to have opinions on the internet.🙄

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Predictably non bama fans are calling nick a hypocrite and lol at such. They claim bama has been paying players for years and they use albert means as proof.

These people are allow to have opinions on the internet.🙄
Well, they must be talking out of both sides of their mouth because everyone I talked to agrees with Saban. Something along the lines of ‘ how else would you think they signed the greatest class in history.’

Last edited:

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Well, they must be talking out of both sides of their mouth because everyone I talked to agrees with Saban. Something along the lines of ‘ how else found you think they signed the greatest class in history.’
Because all of those fine young men had a dream…a dream that was “midnight yell practices”, “the thirteenth man- the twelfth man with a booster in his pocket”, bonfires, and kissing your gal when the home team scored. A dream where “the men are men and the women are men, and a tradition of Cheeziit Bowl championships.
Ahhh yes, nothing holds a candle to College Station and a Tejas cookout at Jimbo’s.

Last edited:

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
It’s funny Jimbo brings up cheating and doing things illegal, and Nick never used nor implied the Aggies were cheating. He said the current system wasn’t sustainable and used Texas Aggies as an example. Yet, Jimbo felt he needed to respond .

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
lol Saban is here right ? seriously with everything that has been done since 07 , I'm surprised that people still worry. Also so what you get talent you still have to develop them and hold them accountable. Jimbo bought his players at FSU too and that was a disaster.
All I`m saying, Jam, is that we don`t have the number of well heeled boosters that the Texas schools do. If college football is, at least for now, an open market, that can be a disadvantage.

bamadwain

All-American
Oct 8, 2018
Jackson Tn

He even admitted on signing day they took advantage of the NIL

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.