Saban on the ESPN Broadcast

Bama Shoals

1st Team
Jan 17, 2007
Killen, AL
This is delusional. Just laughably delusional. UGA just went 15-0 and won the title game by 58. They went 14-1 last year. If going 29-1 over 2 years with 2 national titles isn't dominant then the word has no meaning.
29-1 over two seasons with two national championships is dominant.
I was meaning relative to Alabama. Of course, they are dominant relative to most of college football. They ought to be with the way they have recruited, the way they are coached, and their weak division. But what would Alabama's record have been this year with Georgia's regular season schedule? Tennessee at home, Oregon the first game with a new coach and quarterback, harder games not until the very end when a young team could come together more with a 25 year old quarterback and a few other key veterans holding the thing together until then.

Reactions: SkullDuckery

stlimprov

1st Team
Nov 9, 2005
Saint Louis, MO
The absolute best that I have seen is a clip of a Georgia lineman, don't know or care what his name is, walking the field after the game and mouthing off about how "y'all said we were going 6-6, 5-7! What do you think about us now?!!"

I just shook my head and chuckled, and thought, well played Bowl-Cut. Well played.
He was confused. What people were saying was that they were going to go for 66 or 57 against TCU.

• Haha
Reactions: TideEngineer08

Foleybammer

Scout Team
Dec 3, 2019
Hopefully all this will shake us up and get the chip back on our shoulder.
And that starts with the man in charge and no more ridiculous talk like
having anxiety before a football game. We aren't the hunted anymore. We need
to hunt!

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Kirby summed up the biggest difference between Alabama and Georgia last night right before kickoff. When asked what he wanted to see from his team in the game, he answered with one word - AGGRESSION. His team was not afraid. They didn't have anxiety. They wanted to beat the crap out of TCU - to step on their face with a hobnail boot.

Alabama wants to win. Alabama has forgotten how this game is played. Alabama has the best athletes, but this is a game of aggression and conflict. That is how the dynasty was born, and without it the dynasty will die.
When you have Will Anderson talking about anxiety before the Tennessee game, something is TERRIBLY wrong. That simply cannot happen

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
There is a very good article by Everyday Should Be Saturday floating around the web talking about the real credit to UGA's championship run needs to go to Todd Monken and what he's done to the offense since arriving. It goes in pretty good detail as to exactly what he did and then compares it to when Kiffin and Sark were OC at Alabama and what they did when they were here. It really painted a picture of Kirby having all this talent on the offensive side of the ball but having no idea how to use it, then Monken came in and showed him how to use it. Coordinators matter...
I was very impressed by Monken's offense...he opened passing lanes and created mismatches all night.

Foleybammer

Scout Team
Dec 3, 2019
Monken's the best OC in college football. Saw more creativity in one game than
2 years with BOB. And Saban hasn't hired a good defensive coordinator since Pruitt.

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: TD7 and Padreruf

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
He's definitely good. Idk if he's the best
He has great talent...and he showcased them superbly in this game. I tend to think that the measure of any coach is neither the best nor the worst games his team plays, but more about the median -- how do they perform week after week? Saying that, even in their bad offensive games, i.e., Missouri, they scored enough to win.

Reactions: CB4 and teamplayer

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Spears is no friend to Bama like any lsu talking head..but he told Pollack that he had just provided Saban with video to show and re-show to his team. Pollack has diarrhea of the mouth to begin with.
Pollack will come to regret doing what he did. It was more than obvious what his intent was. Nothing inherently wrong with what he said but the intent behind the words was childish and disrespectful.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
He has great talent...and he showcased them superbly in this game. I tend to think that the measure of any coach is neither the best nor the worst games his team plays, but more about the median -- how do they perform week after week? Saying that, even in their bad offensive games, i.e., Missouri, they scored enough to win.
That was the big difference between Monken and BOB. Monken recognized where he had huge advantages match up wise. He would use pre-snap motions and formations to exploit them.
BOB depended on the players to read the defenses and create their own advantages.

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
Pollack will come to regret doing what he did. It was more than obvious what his intent was. Nothing inherently wrong with what he said but the intent behind the words was childish and disrespectful.
Like I said earlier somewhere......Bama is the last team to beat Kirby's Krew. Don't be surprised if Bama is the NEXT to beat the Dawgs.

BamaBoySince89

All-American
Aug 13, 2016
Harvest, AL
Everybody can be mad about what Pollack said on the broadcast but the real question is what is Bama going to do about the statement. Either there will be too much pressure and anxiety to perform or that clip is enough to light a fire in the team throughout the offseason and into next year. What made Bama feared has exited the building, somebody(s) has to step up and reel it back in. The talent is there but the mindset is gone

The reality is this: Georgia is now what Bama was

Last edited:

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
He's a former UGA player and a UGA fan. Would you expect any less.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.