Saban speaks on 'NIL collectives'

buckeyeFB_

3rd Team
Jun 24, 2019
To this day I really don't understand how anyone could possibly dislike Nick Saban.

And, to be clear, I know the "reason" people dislike Saban is purely out of hate/jealousy, but I'm a Buckeye fan and I just don't understand how anyone could have anything but respect for Saban and what he's built at Alabama. He always speaks his mind and I just seem to agree with just about everything he says.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
To this day I really don't understand how anyone could possibly dislike Nick Saban.

And, to be clear, I know the "reason" people dislike Saban is purely out of hate/jealousy, but I'm a Buckeye fan and I just don't understand how anyone could have anything but respect for Saban and what he's built at Alabama. He always speaks his mind and I just seem to agree with just about everything he says.
I’m guessing you haven’t met an Auburn or Georgia (lately aTm) fan, face-to-face, doing their best impression of Gollum.

buckeyeFB_

3rd Team
Jun 24, 2019
I’m guessing you haven’t met an Auburn or Georgia (lately aTm) fan, face-to-face, doing their best impression of Gollum.
I guess you're right about this. I still live in Ohio so it's rare to run into a UGA, Auburn, or TAMU fan.

Nonetheless, I think my hypothesis still adds up that people who dislike Saban only dislike him out of jealousy/hate.

Isaiah 63:1

All-American
Dec 8, 2005
Probably at 35k or in an airport somewhere

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa

It's easy to see why he can be disliked. It's nigh on impossible to argue with his results.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
It's easy to see why he can be disliked. It's nigh on impossible to argue with his results.
Well I’m more confused about why people on here love Dabo (aka Karen) than I am why people hate Saban. The Saban hate is understandable because of his success. People are jealous and/or love parity. However I will never understand why so many Alabama fans love a whiner like Dabo. He is basically everything Saban is not in a coach.

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
Well I’m more confused about why people on here love Dabo (aka Karen) than I am why people hate Saban. The Saban hate is understandable because of his success. People are jealous and/or love parity. However I will never understand why so many Alabama fans love a whiner like Dabo. He is basically everything Saban is not in a coach.
Can't stand Dabo, either.

Reactions: Con

rolltd

3rd Team
Dec 15, 2010
Dabo must have really butt hurt you, you're obsessed with him

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I guess you're right about this. I still live in Ohio so it's rare to run into a UGA, Auburn, or TAMU fan.

Nonetheless, I think my hypothesis still adds up that people who dislike Saban only dislike him out of jealousy/hate.
Interesting conversation with my Auburn grad son this past week. I was helping him move from Denver to Las Vegas this past week, so we had plenty of time to discuss a myriad of topics driving across the Utah desert.

Whether it is simple maturity or just pacifying his old man, my son’s tune certainly has changed in terms of CNS. Of course like many of us, in regards to NIL and transfers, his perspective on college athletics has changed. He admitted “Saban was 100% correct. He knew that NIL and free transfer would not encourage parity. It would only give the “haves” more and the “have nots” less”. He stated Coach Saban always seems to have an innate sense about how the landscape of the sport will shift and how to adjust. The biggest compliment he offered was “the man simply never accepts the status quo from his program, his team or himself. You can’t help but admire and respect that. The man is the best. He truly has nothing left to prove to anyone”.

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.