Safe To Say That Our OC This Season Will Be The Same As Last Season?

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Continuity could be beneficial. I'm more concerned with OL development.
Having BOB back isn't necessarily a bad thing, even through I would like for him to be gone, but Bryce Young would be on 3rd OC in 3 years...had BOB left and 4th one if he declares for NFL. Similar to Tua... So Young needs to have same OC but both BOB and Young needs to grow in certain area this offseason for them to thrive this fall and I think they will do that should BOB comes back.

Marrone: He needs to move on back to NFL ASAP, but I doubt it would likely come to that. So Saban needs to hire someone who has OL training off field that can help Marrone.

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
IF BoB was going to leave for somewhere else, he probably would have done so by now. He was with Coach Saban at Arch's basketball game, and Coach Saban probably wouldn't have had him there if he had not expected him to be back next season.

So, I think it's safe to say that BoB will be back next season. But, will he really be? BoB v.2022 will not be the same as BoB v.2021. Are we ever really the same person one year to the next? or even one day to the next? We never step in the same river twice.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I’m all for having Coach Bill o Brien back another season. He had to change the offense several times throughout last year. Still managed a Heisman trophy on offense. Was the offense as good as 2020? No. But we lost 6 first round+1 draft picks from that team .

Last edited:

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I’m hoping he’s not the same, he should be growing in he’s skill set and familiarity
I agree that this is a possibility. He was NOT able to come in with HIS offense. He had to learn Saban's offense that was created by Kiffin, improved by Sark, et al. BOB had to learn it the first year from Mac Jones, Coach Saban, Bryce Young, et al. Maybe he's a slow learner or it takes TIME to transition from what he's done for 20+ years to internalize and implement new concepts into that brain and make play calls that are timely and effective.

Hopefully, he will use the resources EFFECTIVELY that have been recruited.

One question: would he be better on the sideline or in the booth upstairs? I like the way Sark did it. He could probably communicate more effectively on the sideline with the QB.

Oh, that OL Coach needs to go back to school to learn and teach OL how to effectively BLOCK for the passing and running game. He needs to learn how to PROTECT Bryce Young and create holes for RBs to run through.

MILEHIGHTIDE

1st Team
Apr 9, 2011
He did recently serve as the autograph signing table for Coach Saban at arch manning’s basketball game. 😂😂😂

So I am going to go out on a limb again and say that for now he is still coming back but then again the nfl is still playing games but as of today yes.😉😉😉

JohnD

1st Team
Dec 22, 2003
BOB had to learn it the first year from Mac Jones, Coach Saban, Bryce Young, et al. Maybe he's a slow learner or it takes TIME to transition from what he's done for 20+ years to internalize and implement new concepts into that brain and make play calls that are timely and effective.
The fact that BoB sought out Mac Jones has been WAY over blown. Mac had been running that offense for four years. He had just set all kinds of records running it, and was a first round draft pick. Mac was literally THE best source still left in the building at that time and the quickest way to not only go over plays, terminology, etc.,, but explain what they were trying to do with setups and defensive reads. It was actually a no-brainer. A smart coach will use what's available to him to get an advantage.

They will be fine if BoB returns. He was hardly the best play caller out there this year, but he should be much better next season. A bigger question mark is finding 2 tackles they can rely on and receivers stepping up.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The fact that BoB sought out Mac Jones has been WAY over blown. Mac had been running that offense for four years. He had just set all kinds of records running it, and was a first round draft pick. Mac was literally THE best source still left in the building at that time and the quickest way to not only go over plays, terminology, etc.,, but explain what they were trying to do with setups and defensive reads. It was actually a no-brainer. A smart coach will use what's available to him to get an advantage.

They will be fine if BoB returns. He was hardly the best play caller out there this year, but he should be much better next season. A bigger question mark is finding 2 tackles they can rely on and receivers stepping up.
Agreed - he went to Mac to learn the terminology, not the offense.

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
I agree that BoB will be better this season. I think Sark was better in his second season in 2020 than he had been in 2019.

Reactions: CoolBreeze

Isaiah 63:1

All-American
Dec 8, 2005
Probably at 35k or in an airport somewhere
Agreed. The best leaders in any field know how to tap into all their available resources, without letting pride or position get in the way...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.